Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating Sites

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dating Sites

Hello members I'm new to this forum and have been reading the posts, even the posts from last year and i think this forum is great. I plan to run a dating site and did alot of research, my question is are there any members who is having success with any of the large dating sites?

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Member Lorina, who unfortunately doesn't post much anymore, has had quite a bit of success with her 2 sites. One is a content site for stories of Internet Dating. The other is a site that reviews dating programs.

http://www.waytoopersonal.com/
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive run all the dating sites over the years, and by far the best is dating-central. Nothing even comes close to this. Aside from that ive did good with friendfinder and adultfriendfinder, seekingyou, and some limited success with date.com, everything else has been pretty much a failure or didnt pay in some cases.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Thank you Aspen I wonder why Lorina stop posting? And a big thanks to you Subslavebrandon. I read your posts from last year, so dating-central is still your best and thats good to know. If you look at the alexa data reviews its 4 stars there too. Im going leave a good spot for them on my site. You mention friendfinder, their site looks okay and I heard good & bad reviews, my problem with them as should be with others is the LEAKS they have to the rest of their niche sites without your code, its just giving them free traffic am I right or wrong? Thanks again!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even with the leaks, friendfinder is still very good, make sure to sign for "pay per sale", not the pay per member.
    There is one thing i should point out, dating sites are not giving the return as in the past. My conversion to sales are way down on what they were say 3 yrs ago.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

if I may ask, what is considered good? I know this question may vary, but is good about $300-$400 a month? or is good considered to be $800-$1000 a month. What is the min. you think someone can make with dating programs these days? sorry for all the questions!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long is a piece of string? A "good" income is whatever covers your living expenses. That's likely to depend on where you live. Obviously, you'll need to earn more in a place like London, the fourth most expensive city on the planet, where a can of Coke costs about $1.20 than in India where it costs less than a fifth of that.

Good luck koteo2000. Your inquisitive mind will surely mean you are succesful
    Azam Marketing, Inc.
    Award-Winning Digital Marketing and Design Results Since 1997
    Click here to read acclaimed online marketing & design blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the process of creating a pretty unique dating site. What do people want in a dating site affiliate Program? I would love any comments or suggestion.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at www.lovingyou.com Its a relationship site thats a front for selling memberships to dating sites...it gets around 600,000 hits a day i understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by koteo2000
    I wonder why Lorina stop posting?
    Wow! Someone remembered me! That's so cool. I've been lurking, but haven't had a lot to say. And I've been working on other projects.

LavaLife, uDate and Match.com work best for me. Matchmaker is pretty good too. Some months, the more racy dating sites like alt.com or adultfriendfinder.com do extremely well, but other months they hardly do anything.

The amount my sites make varies. Some months they only make a couple hundred, and some months more than my day job. But when I first started, I was thrilled the first month I made enough to buy a pizza.
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, it's Lorina! Nice to see a former Advisor back. Your site looks like it's doing well. Nice to hear from you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

About 2 years ago I used to work as an affiliate program manager for a company called socialplus.com so I have a pretty good knowledge of the online dating space. If you are really serious about dating biz I would suggest looking at the udate and matchnet, In my opinion as of right now the above two companies have the best custom affiliate programs. Please note the above programs would only be good for a person who is willing to invest money and resources in the biz.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Lorina, yes we do remember you and like mjames said its good to see a former advisor back! Thank for the advice on the dating sites. Speaking on certain months, can you or any other members tell me what was your experience during the holidays with your dating sites? And yes your site does look like it doing well, i just bookmark it. Thanks and it was a pleasure to heard from you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I haven't noticed any major difference at any time of year. According to some, the peak months for dating sites are between October and February, but my two best months ever were this past August and September. I have absolutely no idea why, as I wasn't doing anything special: no different banners or ads, traffic levels were the same as always, I wasn't promoting anything. In fact, I had been pretty much ignoring the dating sites while working on other things.
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shaadi.com

HI, I am new here. Does anyone here know about shaadi.com? Its a niche site mainly for people of Indian origin wishing to get married. What impresses me most about it is its size. They are renting at least 6 dedicated servers from rackspace.com, and I believe when they say they have the database of 2 million ( though I do feel many of the profiles are fake). How many people would it take to run a site like that? And I wonder how much money they could be making considering site must be costing them US$5000/month in hosting alone. And they regularly advertise on network TV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "What impresses me most about it is its size". Why does that impress you? How does that help you to run your business?

Shaadi.com have spent MILLIONS of dollars on advertising. They have at least 100 adverts a day, every day, on the world's most popular Asian TV station Zee TV.
    Azam Marketing, Inc.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi--

I run a network of dating sites- profit is over 2k per month from Match.com alone.

I also have Friendfinder/AdultFriendfinder on a few of my pages and with very limited traffic each of those brings in about 150-200$/month (with very limited exposure).

I am a BIG fan of the 'dating' affiliate programs----My only question is (and I hope you dont mind but I asked this in another thread)--->

Which dating affiliate programs pay residual income (I only get paid by Match.com for new members)?

If I got even a few dollars per month from each of my renewals I could retire!

Anyone-feel free to PM me if interested: I am trying to sell my dating network to buy a house.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

"Which dating affiliate programs pay residual income?"

You could do a lot better, as you have realised, by promoting a dating affiliate program which pays you residual income. Imagine if you got paid a proportion of every members monthly fees for as long as they remained a member of the dating service you promoted. Would far outstrip the earnings from companies which only pay a one-off lead fee.

<self promo removed>

If anybody knows a dating affiliate program which pays residual income, then I'd be interested to know
    Last edited by aspen; Sep 30, 2004 at 16:49.
    Azam Marketing, Inc.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nadeem

"Shaadi.com have spent MILLIONS of dollars on advertising. They have at least 100 adverts a day, every day, on the world's most popular Asian TV station Zee TV"

That is my point!! How much money can u make from a site like that to justify expenditure like that? Is the owner of site an eccentric billionaire who's just doing it for the fun of it? Me being a finance/accounting man have a tendency to try to work out numbers, but here I dont see much logic, but.....I know next to nothing about this industry.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    friendfinder/aff has a revshare option (or as you say, residual income.)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Cutter--I just read the Friendfinder affiliate options again--I must be stupid but I cant find the residual income model you mentioned out of their three affiliate options--can you post the URL for me--sorry to be a pain.

Thanks,
    Bill

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its percentage payout, but I may be wrong. I'm signed up for pay per signup.

SitePoint Enthusiast dating-central's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the comments about DC guys, we do try and are approachable (ask Nadeem). If you have some questions you would like to post off board, drop me a message and I will see if I can help you.
    Director
    Dating-Central Limited
    http://www.dating-central.com
    Do not burn your bridges just put toll booths at either end...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will back that up. I investigated over 100 dating affiliate programs and signed up for 20 of them before I opted for DC. Dating-Central not only offers the highest rate of commisson, but has the best affiliate support. There is a dedicated affiliate manager who usually responds within 24 hours and excellent forums. Our monthly commission payments have never been late once in the last year.

When I signed up with DC, I asked Mike about some problem I was having setting up our white label site and he emailed me back a few hours later having set up ALL the site for us, with all the co-branding, colours integrated perfectly so dating section looked like our portal. THAT's what you call affiliate support
    Azam Marketing, Inc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good addition to ANY dating site you already promote is www.chatdollars.com.

They are a phone chat dating line and pay 5 different ways. Plus they offer a free trial so conversions are easy. It does not compete with other dating programs you already work with, in fact I think it's the only phone chat affiliate program out there. They have a regular and an adult option depending one which one fits your visitors best.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
    Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant
    Discover High Paying, High Integrity 5 Star Affiliate Programs
    Leading Affiliate Marketing Blog :: Pro Affiliate Forums