SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am going to add this very soon. Bounce rate is actually quite low at the moment but I am going to change it thanks.
    Watch This Cam - Random Web cams From Around The World

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure its @WatchThisCam

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website but you need work on the design.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Username1974 View Post
    Nice website but you need work on the design.
    Could you maybe elaborate on your suggestion? There is a few improvements I plan on doing but some suggestions would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty simple UI. It's not working on Mac OS. Seems like traffic really has died down because I didn't see any users on when I checked. It can definitely use a new UI and a listing of cams available.
    David - Web Developer and Entrepreneur

datingfails.com
    Bad Dates. Great Stories.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea its up and down. Sometimes up sometimes down. I am going to add a touch up to everything but I am going to keep it much the same no point changing what works. There is a list of all the cams available. http://watchthiscam.com/blog/2011/10...t-random-cams/ Or else http://www.watchthiscam.com/sitemap.html
    Thanks for the feedback though

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea and and nice front page!

I think the cam page is a little sloppy though, and the adds are very "in your face". You should try to make them blend in more and look like part of your site.

You might also wanna look at the technical quality of your site. I found lots of html validation errors, and a few missing resources (404).
    I would also get rid of the alexa page rank box, reminds me of the hit counters from the 90s. And last, It's a little anoying that clicking in the menu opens pages in a new window.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes I am going to be updating the cam page soon getting rid of those giant ads, working on more embedded ads. There is quite a few ads no customer 404 error page. I will be checking through the pages soon for validation ads. Thanks for the review. Stay tuned as it will be updated soon

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer9999 View Post
    Yup its incomplete at the moment, but didnt want to take it offline. Updating it as we speak. Check out United Kingdom, Saltash Pig Cam Live! - Watch This Cam

Thats the new layout, im just updating the other 290
    Why dont you make a php file that contains the layout and when you change that it changes everything else. Or use DreamWeaver to make changes to every open file

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steven10172 View Post
    Why dont you make a php file that contains the layout and when you change that it changes everything else. Or use DreamWeaver to make changes to every open file
    I have a CSS file that I can change which will change everything. My problem is each camera as its own img source. Also I will be completely changing it around soon, same CSS just getting rid of a few ads. So I will unfortunately actually have to change 400 web pages. I was thinking about that in dreamweaver could I apply changes to all files?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palmer9999 View Post
    Yup its incomplete at the moment, but didnt want to take it offline. Updating it as we speak. Check out United Kingdom, Saltash Pig Cam Live! - Watch This Cam

Thats the new layout, im just updating the other 290
    I like the new dark layout, seems you have the traffic, you just need to monetize it! Good work sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great idea ) ... but my browser don't upload the webcams ( I don't know why (
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, good layout loading time is to high overall work is great.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like this website, good job. I defiantly think there should be a browsing/category system so we can get live cams on things we want. Overall great website and good idea.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clean design and easy to use and understand. I did notice the Privacy policy page was off center in my firefox browser.
    Nice work!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I visited and liked your website, well it is not just a great idea to present a website but also contents, design all the attributes are very interesting.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipturner View Post
    I visited and liked your website, well it is not just a great idea to present a website but also contents, design all the attributes are very interesting.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I really love this concept! I think you have a great idea here and the design of the site looks great. This idea is real fresh and similar to current ones but different enough to be its own. Great job on this!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the concept! I wish the quality of the video was better, but then again I guess you don't have much control over the quality of the webcam feeds. One large improvement you could make it a map overlay of where feeds are coming from so a user could select a region or country and narrow down what feed they want to see. I do like the chat roulette feel in that you don't know what you are going to see when you hit next.

I like the landing page, but I feel like you could do a lot more with it. I personally feel like "The Wall" is the most interesting page aside from the random cam feeds. I would strongly recommend a redesign. The colors are too dark which makes reading some of the content tough. I really like the use of the Facebook comments being integrated into the site. I plan on utilizing it for my site as well. The feed of the ants is very cool, with that in mind you should categorize different feeds (Animals, Insects, Ocean, Fire, People watching...etc). I think you are going for the free feel and might not want too much structure but I think this would add a lot to your site.

I see that you have the copyright disclaimer because you are ripping the feeds from other sources, but have you considered utilizing your user base to get user submitted feeds? I guess this will open the door to adult content which you are probably against but at least then you will be shielded from liability for ripping other peoples content (at least to some extent). If you really just launched in April and are already this popular I tip my hat to you. What are your long term plans with the site? You could spin this into some sort of travel planning spot or at least have an offshoot for that. People who are planning on visiting England or Scotland or wherever could do some scouting on your site and have things to look forward to seeing. Not sure if you are "in love" with the landing page feed but I think you could spice that up a bit and make it something more than a black and white feed (it might just be night time so I could be wrong with that feed).

Overall, I really like your site and obviously it has received a lot of positive attention and traffic. I think you should consider a redesign and implementing more functionality but I think you are surely on to something here. Gluck!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design of the home page. Especially positions of the features are great. Simple but visible. However, personally I think light background (white or blue) would be better. Personally I canít stay long in a dark website (black or grey). Hey bro, itís just my personal opinion.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewm84 View Post
    I really like the concept! I wish the quality of the video was better, but then again I guess you don't have much control over the quality of the webcam feeds. One large improvement you could make it a map overlay of where feeds are coming from so a user could select a region or country and narrow down what feed they want to see. I do like the chat roulette feel in that you don't know what you are going to see when you hit next.

I like the landing page, but I feel like you could do a lot more with it. I personally feel like "The Wall" is the most interesting page aside from the random cam feeds. I would strongly recommend a redesign. The colors are too dark which makes reading some of the content tough. I really like the use of the Facebook comments being integrated into the site. I plan on utilizing it for my site as well. The feed of the ants is very cool, with that in mind you should categorize different feeds (Animals, Insects, Ocean, Fire, People watching...etc). I think you are going for the free feel and might not want too much structure but I think this would add a lot to your site.

I see that you have the copyright disclaimer because you are ripping the feeds from other sources, but have you considered utilizing your user base to get user submitted feeds? I guess this will open the door to adult content which you are probably against but at least then you will be shielded from liability for ripping other peoples content (at least to some extent). If you really just launched in April and are already this popular I tip my hat to you. What are your long term plans with the site? You could spin this into some sort of travel planning spot or at least have an offshoot for that. People who are planning on visiting England or Scotland or wherever could do some scouting on your site and have things to look forward to seeing. Not sure if you are "in love" with the landing page feed but I think you could spice that up a bit and make it something more than a black and white feed (it might just be night time so I could be wrong with that feed).

Overall, I really like your site and obviously it has received a lot of positive attention and traffic. I think you should consider a redesign and implementing more functionality but I think you are surely on to something here. Gluck!!

I'm currently SLOWLY working on a new theme for the website. It's almost done and it'll bring a WHOLE NEW feel to the site. I'll of course keep the old simple page though

Quote Originally Posted by Obosh View Post
    I like the design of the home page. Especially positions of the features are great. Simple but visible. However, personally I think light background (white or blue) would be better. Personally I canít stay long in a dark website (black or grey). Hey bro, itís just my personal opinion.
    I can add a feature to change the background color, but I feel darker is better as having it light pulls away from the video.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cams not working in Chrome, the error message tells me not to use IE.

Also you've spelt "broken" incorrectly on that error message.

It works in Firefox for me but the site is very slow.

Overall look of the site is OK.