User Tag List

Thread: image resize

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

image resize

hey, im looking for a script to resize the images i upload (So basically they'll load faster when displayed/decrease image size)

i found this one : ASP image resize and jpg/gif/png convert, free VBScript code
    but i didn't quite understand how to implement it, what excactly needs to be done? they dont have this resizing/outformat stuff in their download section either...

any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First you need to check if your website hosting company has any image resizing component installed or not. Most commonly used components are ASPJpeg, ASPImage and csImage.

If resizing component is not there but you have ASP.net support at your hosting, than you can use ASP.net script to resize the image. ASP.net has built-in functions to resize images.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, thans for ur help, i've used ASPJpeg to do that pretty easy
    I also noticed that i have ASPUpload on the hosting plan, So im trying to use that to upload files

However, i noticed that i cannot send a form to the same asp file for uploading ? (and check if the form was sent by using if upload.form("submit") = submit)

seems like there's no value pased through...or am i doing something wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever there is a file upload thing involved I always prefer to process the forms on a separate action page. But sometime we have to use same page.

The solution to the problem you mentioned is to pass a value in querystring like below:

Code ASP:
    <%
      blnSubmit = request.QueryString("blnSubmit")

if blnSubmit = "true" then
            '-- Create upload object and process image upload and form
        end if
    %>

<FORM action="dealers.asp?blnSubmit=true" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">

</FORM>

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, thanks for the suggestion, altho i've found another one that comes with ASPupload
    Code:
    Upload.IgnoreNoPost = True
    However, i've come across another problem
    Uploading from my PC works just fine, but from my hosts everything gets uploaded to the database as @#@&$##@

i had this problem alot of times and still never understood how to really solve this problem once and for all...

any suggestions?