User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRUSTe and other things

Hello,

Over the past few months I have been helping to set up an eCommerce site which is something that I have never done before. There have been a lot of things that I've learned and a lot that I'm still learning about it. In the process of searching and trying to get everything set up with the privacy policy I came across TRUSTe.
    In your opinion is it worth the $450 to get their services? At the moment we are on a very tight budget and I'm leaning toward the train of thought that says that money could be better used elsewhere at the moment.

Also what my host, HostGator, gives me access to attracta which I have found very useful for sorting out SEO issues offers a service for a little under $100 per month to set up content pages and directory backlinks but I'm not sure what to do.

SEO and generating traffic to a site is a foreign language to me at the moment although I'm learning. The shear amount of information is a bit overwhelming at the moment as well as the amount of people who are there to take your money and take advantage of that lack of knowledge.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do or where to start?

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The TRUSTe site seems pretty lousy to me. For me at least, it doesn't explain why I would want to use it or what it's for. Are you just looking for an SSL certificate? You can obviously get them for a lot less than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I recommend Comodo and RapidSSL certificates.
    Avactis Shopping Cart & CMS - Easy integration into existing
    site design. Ecommerce Hosting with Free support.