SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    CSS problem displaying box-shadow in IE8

    Hi

    Need your urgent reply.
    Im using CSS to display rounded rectangle using box-shadow option.

    ______________________________________________________________

    clear: both;
    margin-top:0px;
    width: 170px;
    background: #fff;
    -moz-border-radius: 10px;
    -khtml-border-radius: 10px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
    -khtml-box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px rgba(0,0,0,0.3);
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 90; /* the stack order: displayed under ribbon rectangle (100)
    ______________________________________________________________

    Above CSS code works good in Firefox, Chrome. But not in IE.
    What i have to do to make the above code to work in IE too(IE8)?

    I dont know how to rectify it. Please help me out of this problem.

    Thanks in Advance

    Regards,
    Vanash

  2. #2
    The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Paul O'B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hampshire UK
    Posts
    40,551
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash View Post
    What i have to do to make the above code to work in IE too(IE8)?
    Upgrade to IE9 or provide alternatives as those properties aren't supported in IE8 and under I'm afraid.

    Look here for supported css3 properties.

    Or css3 PIE.

    Or use normal css2.1 with css and images as we have been doing for years.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B View Post
    Upgrade to IE9 or provide alternatives as those properties aren't supported in IE8 and under I'm afraid.

    Look here for supported css3 properties.

    Or css3 PIE.

    Or use normal css2.1 with css and images as we have been doing for years.
    Thanks Paul..

    So you said, there is no other way to get the same view in IE8 (as viewed in Firefox).

    Some of my site viewers are using the IE8 or less. I cant suggest them to use IE9. As of your suggestion, Image might be the good idea.

    If you know anything apart from that, please let me know

    Regards,
    Vanash

  4. #4
    Unobtrusively zen silver trophybronze trophy
    paul_wilkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    14,729
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash View Post
    Some of my site viewers are using the IE8 or less. I cant suggest them to use IE9. As of your suggestion, Image might be the good idea.
    Think of it this way. The IE8 web browser is too thick to know how to do it the CSS3 way.

    You'll either need to fake it on IE8 by using something like CSS3 PIE as already suggested, or use a different web browser.
    Programming Group Advisor
    Reference: JavaScript, Quirksmode Validate: HTML Validation, JSLint
    Car is to Carpet as Java is to JavaScript


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •