User Tag List

Marketing Guru ;) Johan Malmberg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to increase conversion rate!

Hi,

I have a question! I have managed to promote my site (www.liutilities.com) very well and has a large amount of traffic. The problem is that the converion rate is not too good. A

ny suggestions to get my conversion rate up for http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/ would be most appreciated. (sales copy changes, layout changes...)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clear to me: There is no trial version (or I couldn't find it). I bought a lot of software AFTER trying the trial version, but never based on fact sheets and screenshots.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johan,

Your site looks so pretty that visitors were left admiring...they probably forgot to buy

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great piece of advise I would like to give you is start an affiliate program and pay your affiliates around 10 cents for a visitor who subscribes to your newsletter.

Newsletters are a great source of promoting your products. Infact, as a matter of fact most of the sites are using this technique to sell their products and it really works. Works by increasing your sales upto 40%.

Also, read articles on making your affiliate program a success rather then a disaster.

I find Chris Beasley (aspen) article the best around. Other's include:

http://www.clickz.com/aff_mkt/comm/article.php/829371
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...rogram+success

Wish you best of luck!
    --Omair
    36Host.com - $36/year web hosting [affiliates earn 30%]
    * Affordable Small Business Web Hosting since 2003! *
    "500mb space, 10gb bandwith, 50 pop/ftp accounts, php,
    mysql, pre-installed php scripts, 24/7 support & more...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bloonatic
    It's clear to me: There is no trial version (or I couldn't find it). I bought a lot of software AFTER trying the trial version, but never based on fact sheets and screenshots.
    We have had a trial version in the past. I think we sold better after removing it. Is there any documentation on how much a trial version increases the sales.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

You should add a trial version to file directories like Tucows, Filedudes, etc

Regards.
    Digital Sense - Web & Software Development
    http://www.dsense.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah, I would add a trial version to the software directories, I think people are more into trying it out if there is a trial then accually buying it and then finding out they don't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have added a trial. We will test it for a week.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re conversion from trial to paid...in my experience, these seldom exceed 10% and usually hover in the 2% range, similar to direct marketing. I base this on 3 years as marketing director in late 90's for a $30 piece of software offered for direct sale and with a 30-day free trial period. In the beginning, conversion to paid was 10% and this dwindled to 1-2% later. Our best sales strategy was finding partners with bigger marketing budgets where our product became an upsell/cross-sell. Ride those coattails!

Re your web site. I believe your copy is too feature-oriented and doesn't focus on user benefits enough. This is a common problem. Also, you would benefit by adding some real-life testimonials along with case studies. One other suggestion - position your newsletter as one where users will get how-to info/tips on improving computer performance (or some similar need). Right now, it sounds like a sales piece. You'll get a better signup rate when you offer valuable information and promote your own stuff less.

Claudia
    http://www.writewerks.com
    copy, content and e-marketing