SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange apache/PHP problem

I had PHP 4.1.1 working and wanted to upgrade to PHP 4.2.2 (needed a function not offered in the PHP 4.1 series).

SO i downloaded PHP 4.2.2 and unzipped it to my PHP dir. Things didn't work good so I downloaded a pre-setup package with PHP 4.2.2 and Apache 1.3.whatever.

Without much luck and allot of messing around and trying to configure things manually I currently have this

In the Apache Dos prompt window it says "Apache/1.3.6 (Win32)PHP 4.2.2 running..."

However if i use phpinfo() to display php info it says it is version 4.1.1 I know it is 4.2.2 since i copied the files there myself just to check.

Some pages will work and some will give server 500 errors. The paths seem to be wrong as relative links in files such as /site/includes/dbconnect.php are correct (worked before upgrade) but now give errors.

Any idea's? I'm downloading another package called Foxserv but maybe old config files left else where are conflicting.
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhmm i'm willing to bet you it's the php configuration file. did you chanfe it when you upgraded to php 4.2.2? also did you mess with the php4apache.dll file?
    i love php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PHP.INI? I have versions everywhere, what directory is it meant to be in? I did change it for the new version however.

I just installed FoxServ a pre-setup package with PHP4.2.2 and mysql etc and it gives the same error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have managed to get PHP working, sadly the install wiped over the MySQL data directory although I have a copy of this directory I can't seem to restore the data.

Is it possible to do so?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, if you copy the data structure that you have into the data folder of the new mysql install and restart mysql, you'll see all your databases in phpmyadmin.

I mean: in the data folder(that you backed-up), you have other folders (mysql, test and others if you created other databases). These folders must be copied in the data folder of the new install. I did that and it worked.

Mike
    Dis donc, qu'est-ce qu'il dit ce mec? Hein? Je comprends rien...