SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Pop Email accounts up on server

Hi, I wasn't sure which forum to post this message on but basically my company website is hosted on a Unix server with a provider. We also have Pop email accounts with our host for several people in our company. Recently a new IT consultant has been helping us with security issues on our Intranet server and he has suggested we have a server where we can create and administer our own email accounts using our domain name. I told him that I felt this would not be possible as our domain name was hosted with another provider. We do not wish to host our site ourselves at this stage. He seems to think that we could still host our site with another provider and have domain based email accounts through our own server. I really feel this is not possible and I feel he may be trying to conjure more business for himself with our company as he would be the one setting all this up. Am I correct in assuming that this is not possible? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Sunyata

Alt+F4= User Control ;-) rabmurdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry he ain't up to no good.

All you have to do is set up alias's for the users who want an e-mail addy. Shouldn't take long to set up a small office with personalised e-mail accounts through the existing domain and host.

(If he knows what he's doing then probably wont take more than a couple of hours.)

Rab
    "If something is too hard,give it up. The moral my boy is too never try anything"
    "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the info.
    Sunyata