SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre Design Contest Help/Info

Hello I am going to be putting up a contest for a web design/Template, but would first like to get my info straight before putting it up. I currently have a logo contest up, and was a little confused at what I wanted, but I got it straightened out now.

I want a basic web design that could be used on about 8 pages, with 8 menus on the left. Questions are.....

What is the better for viewing align left or center?

And I will need to access the site once in awhile to add or change prices and pics. So what code or software should be used, that I could easily adapt to? And what should definetly not be used, given my rookie stature. I have used FP if that helps, I know most of you frown on it.

Do I want a design or Template?

Did I miss anything important? I will be giving the menu names to the people involved.

Thanks,
    Dominic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dominic

Basically what you want is a template... so you'd recieve an HTML/(CSS possibly) page with a whold bunch of images along with it, and you'd then be able to open up the template in frontpage and simply type all of your text... Eveytime you want a new seperate page you can just "save as" or copy the original template.

Or if you want someone to simply set up the entire site for you you'll want a whole website, if it's only 8 pages and you already have all of the text ready, most designers wont charge a huge amount on top of the template to do that for you

and IMO -- I prefer left aligned...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Platinum thanks for the reply. Man I love this place