SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. #26
    SitePoint Member summerfranken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also not interested in buy and sell. friendship can make the thing well.

  2. #27
    SitePoint Enthusiast bfpseller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually "buying fans" or promoting something to get fans is crucial when your business is in a starting mode.

    Customers will feel more confident buying from you if you have at least hundreds of fans.

    After that point, it's more important to get fans that likely will interact with your page (like or comment).

  3. #28
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfpseller View Post
    Actually "buying fans" or promoting something to get fans is crucial when your business is in a starting mode.

    Customers will feel more confident buying from you if you have at least hundreds of fans.

    After that point, it's more important to get fans that likely will interact with your page (like or comment).
    Promotion and purchase are very different.

    If you advertise your page to get in front of potential fans (those who know you or not) you can bring in people who participate.

    100 fans is not a magic number. 10,000 is not. Unlike say user reviews (where honesty is essential), most people will not see, or care about the number of fans, but rather the engagements.

    What you need is 100, 500, 5,000 people who are active enough to make a post turn into a dialogue, otherwise you've got a number but nothing happening for people to believe in you or want to participate with you.
    - Ted S

  4. #29
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfpseller View Post
    Actually "buying fans" or promoting something to get fans is crucial when your business is in a starting mode.

    Customers will feel more confident buying from you if you have at least hundreds of fans.

    After that point, it's more important to get fans that likely will interact with your page (like or comment).
    It's true what you say here. Still I have a lot of sites that don't have a like button ... so no fans on Facebook. Still a lot of sales.
    I'm saying: if you don't display people won't know / care that you don't have fans.
    Also: I look at the product and what can do for me not at how many buy it.

  5. #30
    SitePoint Enthusiast bfpseller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    Promotion and purchase are very different.

    If you advertise your page to get in front of potential fans (those who know you or not) you can bring in people who participate.

    100 fans is not a magic number. 10,000 is not. Unlike say user reviews (where honesty is essential), most people will not see, or care about the number of fans, but rather the engagements.

    What you need is 100, 500, 5,000 people who are active enough to make a post turn into a dialogue, otherwise you've got a number but nothing happening for people to believe in you or want to participate with you.
    Your goal is getting fans to participate in your Facebook fan page. Nothing wrong with that. Any fan admin page should try various ways to trigger that. Upload cool image, give something free as a contest prize.

    My goal is getting the good first impression when new visitors visiting my e-Commerce site (not my Facebook fan page). In my opinion showing you have hundreds of fans is much better than showing you have 10 fans. Same thing as showing you have a SLL certificate from Verisign better than showing you have a certificate from GoDaddy.

    Actually I do not want the new visitors to click on my Facebook fan. I want them to buy something from my e-Commerce site. I will try to get them to be a fan later through email campaign.

  6. #31
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfpseller View Post
    Your goal is getting fans to participate in your Facebook fan page. Nothing wrong with that. Any fan admin page should try various ways to trigger that. Upload cool image, give something free as a contest prize.

    My goal is getting the good first impression when new visitors visiting my e-Commerce site (not my Facebook fan page). In my opinion showing you have hundreds of fans is much better than showing you have 10 fans. Same thing as showing you have a SLL certificate from Verisign better than showing you have a certificate from GoDaddy.

    Actually I do not want the new visitors to click on my Facebook fan. I want them to buy something from my e-Commerce site. I will try to get them to be a fan later through email campaign.
    Actually, my goal is to leverage social tools ideally on brand websites to create affinity, authenticity and harnass the power that is viral marketing to drive a longer customer relationship for my customer's companies.

    Having people talking, reviewing and contributing whether it's via a page like, a product like, a user review, comment drives my client's businesses further.

    If you're showing that elsewhere and need a little bigger fan count there's lots of ways to do that that are more relevant than a service but that's apples and oranges.

    We're in similar shoes and what I'm suggesting, in my experience running some mid to large brand and etailer social programs after years of running traditional online advertising ones, is that if you get more conversation on your site [not simply on some third party platform] you'll see results. The goal is not to see how many conversations we can get, it's to see how we can use those conversations to drive our business and the mechanics for making that happen are different than with traditional advertising.

    P.S. Great discussion. Appreciate you keeping the dialogue going and hopefully more members will jump in!
    - Ted S

  7. #32
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarel View Post
    I don't believe on buying fans.I build relationship with fans & help them out.
    yes slow n steady always win the race it definitely will consume a lot of your time to build up the community but it worth waiting the followers that you will have then would be more loyal n will become your permanent customer

  8. #33
    SitePoint Enthusiast denysaputra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think not all of people satisfied with buying fans, followers, ect. But my experience I really feel the benefit of it. So, just how you can find the right place to buy.

  9. #34
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by denysaputra View Post
    I think not all of people satisfied with buying fans, followers, ect. But my experience I really feel the benefit of it. So, just how you can find the right place to buy.
    What exactly is the benefit you "feel"? How do you measure it?
    - Ted S

  10. #35
    SitePoint Enthusiast denysaputra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    What exactly is the benefit you "feel"? How do you measure it?
    customers came. You can try to build your business by create facebook fan page, and buy or get a fans.

  11. #36
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is a great place for growing online business. The simple strategies are to build followers, brand and advertise websites. It is not hard to use Twitter. But it\'s not so easy to use Twitter effectively to grow follower numbers and then get traffic which can lead to sales. It\'s a good news for the online business holders that ebooks containing all the concerned features of business in Twitter are available. To have access one of the most powerful resources about using Twitter for business
    Last edited by Ted S; Jun 16, 2011 at 18:33. Reason: promotional link removed.

  12. #37
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm locking this thread as the main discussion seems to have run it's course and posts now are mostly off topic. If you have a new question or comment please open a thread on it.
    - Ted S


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •