I reviewed more than ten Groupon clones out there, and found that many of them are copying each other. For example Woupon is identical to www.alstrasoft.com/groupon_clone.htm. Some companies actually have no technical resources to support their own product. They simply copy from others and sell.
Couponic is in continual development. They are using a creditable framework for easier extension in future. And they offer a lot of features that are not available at this price point.
Last edited by Mittineague; Apr 15, 2011 at 00:26.
Reason: no need to link
Finally after researching it for weeks, today I have purchased gripsell group buying script. Got it for $349.. hurray! Their response is good until now. Hope it continues.
For other who are researching the daily deals script, here are some of the inputs:
1. Many popular scripts have a lot of hidden costs like removal of Powered Link, removal of copyright notice. Additional cost for even simple modules like Facebook Connect, Discussion, Referral, Gift. etc. Make sure that you have carefully calculated the total cost of ownership.
Someone suggested Couponic but the total cost is $450 instead of what is highlighted as $200. So beware if you do not know this.
2. I read about Groupon suing even small companies that have exact replica of their system. Again, beware they have patents to protect themself. I tried to avoid any legal complication by accommodating some changes.
3. Support must be good. I researched a few shortlisted companies on the way they respond and the time taken. Frankly, none except a few are even remarkable.
4. There is lot of self praising going on. I tried to contact a few who posted good reviews about a couple of script, none of them responded. Most seem fake. There are a few who are simply misleading about their competitors. My recommendation - rely on your own judgement.
5. I am new to this field and needed help in understanding this business completely. I am not an expert but see this as promising business. Gripsell helped me in catching up... a million thanks to them.
6. Cheap scripts are now so common that every other website has it. I looked out at something presentable and highly customizable.
After looking back on this post I realize that most people reply have less then 5 total posts. I am wondering if they are representatives of the companies. Just wondering.
I can tell you two things for certain, one is that couponsitescript isn't from Agriya, he's selling his own products and the second is that venkatseo is from ndot because he advertises the script in other forums.
I saw this post I also look into a clone of Groupon and I found this topic. Personally I had a bad experience with www.ndot.in. Never buy from them, I have just stolen the money, their scripts do not work and they have some hidden costs that do not tell you and not even write it on the site.