SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How should I promote my new script installation site?

Hi, and thank you for your time. Just looking for some feedback on how I should promote my new script installation site.

I offer a set fee for 4 scripts and then offer an opportunity to receive a quote for those that already have a script. It is quite basic. However, with that out of the way, I am curious the best way to market it.

Should I consider contacting php developers and offer my services to build a client base and testimonials? Should I joint venture? Advertise in E-zines?

Just curious as to what ideas you might have

Take care

Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partner with popular script writers and offer their buyers a good price for installation help

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I think that might be the best idea out for me

That or a one time joint venture, if not a long term partnership. Maybe web hosts as well?

I really appreciate it

Also, do you think it is best to have it as I set it up? 4 scripts which can be installed for a set fee, and an option for a free quote otherwise

And do you think PHP is popular enough where I can ignore perl script requests and target it as php only scripts? Just curious what you or others think

Thanks again
    Last edited by jbh; Aug 25, 2002 at 22:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have found it useful if you posted a signature with some link to your site.

Regards

Micmol

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that. It is now included.

I did not include the url as I was more focused on conceptually what I should do to promote it, I realize it might help.

Even now, I am debating if I should redo the site not in design, but in how it is organized.

Any feedback helps before I launch it.

Thank You.

Ps. Would it be wise to add additional services on that site? Such as development of scripts? I am considering it, but I do not know if I should include it on a site geared towards installation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not clear about how to promote through that web site

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a better design would help, the site is adequate now but I'm sure a better design would give a more professional look and increase a potential customers confidence level. Speaking from personal experience I have found that the more professional or business like the design the better the site tends to do, of coarse prompt email replies, good customer support, ect help also

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every site that I know that pulls in a ton of $ looks like garbage lol, but the design can always be changed.

I am looking on ways to promote the service

Thanks, guys

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw I do not know if this helps or not but usually when I'm looking at buying a script I want modifications done to it to customize for my particular use, maybe you can offer to add or edit features in the scripts.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea, but your website seems a little bland... just not much there.

Have you considered hiring someone (or posting in the trading post) for a design? A logo and color scheme could do wonders for your site, and most definately increase sales.

Good luck!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrangler>>I like that idea a lot, actually. I thought of it, but wasn't sure if I should keep this simple or not. I like it, thank you very much.

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't bother a lot on the design. There's way to much over-emphasis on site design here at SitePoint. They key is how to market your service, which is the topic you posted about.

Market at sites where people will acquire the scripts you install. Hotscripts, and sites like that should be obvious. You only have a handful of scripts mentioned right now, have you approached the people who created those scripts asking for partnerships?

I'd also suggest expanding the number of scripts you advertise on your site. Instead of picking scripts you like, why not approach script makers first and find ones that will do cross-promoting with you. You give their script a plug, they give your service a plug.

good luck
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    send me a email at webmaster@bawlers.com maybe we can partner up and trade some customers/links what ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I PM'ed you with a link exchange offer, hope you respond.