SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saerch phrase linking to particular page

Is there a way of directing people to a particular page within a website based on the search term they typed in, in the search engines.

I'm sure I've seen this elsewhere and I want to know how to do it.

We have plenty of people come on our site who search for our product FREE. We don't offer it FREE but there's a good reason why, so I want to direct people to a page if they have 'free' in their search term so we can explain to them why.

Is this possible and if so, where can I locate some code?

Thanks
    www.123domainname.co.uk
    Click here to chat with one of our customer service representatives
    UK domain name registrations with free email accounts and domain forwarding

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pages that are listed in the search results are determined by the search engine only. Most search engines use 'spiders' or webbots that visit each page and 'index' it according to the content on these pages.
    Use the search term "blueberrie pie recipe" in Google, and some pages should come up where this term is used a couple of times. Meaning there will probably be a recipe for blueberrie pie there, which is what you were looking for.
    Type in "blueberrie pie" only, and different pages will show, and it will be much harder to find a recipe among any of those pages...
    So optimize your page for the search term by which you want to be found. For example: optimize your page for the term "free blueberrie pie recipe". Optimizing for "free" only is totally useless, there's too much competition for that search term.