SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Webmasters place access to Email accounts on their site???

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go with Email on Your site - Use Everyone.net - no POP access.

0 0%
  • Go with Email on Your site - Use ZZN (despite the added zzn in the email address) - with POP access.

0 0%
  • Do not place Email on site.

0 0%
  • Does not really matter. Will not increase site traffic.

3 100.00%
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Need help deciding on adding email to site or not adding email to site!?!?!?

Hello All!!

I hope this is the correct forum to post this.

I need the opinion of the community. I have also posted a poll on this as well.

I am developing my first pay site at http://Myacen.com .

I still have an old account with http://everyone.net and I also signed up recently with http://zzn.com. I want to offer Email on my site. ZZN.com offers pop access.

ZZN.com includes "zzn" in all their email addresses >>> Somebody@YourWebSite.ZZN.com. I do not think that is cool, but I like the POP offered. Also, I wonder if having the POP service would cause visitors to not come back to the site which is one of the reasons to offer the service (that is, visitors will come back to the site to "log in" and get their mail.).

Should I add this feature to the site?

If you think I should add this feature should it be with Everyone.net or ZZN.com (despite the "zzn" in the Email address)??

Thanks in advance for your response.

WP1
    Webbing Along!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I wouldn't use either. marc@whatever.zzn.com just doesn't sound appealing to me. And Everyone.net doesn't offer a free service anymore, do they? Here is one you should consider: http://oemmail.com/personalized_basic_free.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank your for reponding.

I have an old account with Everyone.net. I have not really used it. However, I do have a web site I am thinking of using it at. I do not want to make an early mistake with the email.

I gues my mail question is,

Is it really worth offering Email at a web site? Does it encourage site visitors to come back to the site to check their email??

The other Issue is wether or not the addition of POP email will cause visitors not to come back?

These are the issues I am looking at before offering this service at the site.

The site is not opened yet. I want to offer this on day one, if I am going to offer it at all.

Again, any and all input appreciated.

WP1
    Webbing Along!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by WP1
    Is it really worth offering Email at a web site? Does it encourage site visitors to come back to the site to check their email??

The other Issue is wether or not the addition of POP email will cause visitors not to come back?
    1. There's no right and wrong answer here. You need a couple of things going your way before it is worthwhile to offer free e-mail: a good domain name that people like and can remember and a loyal/niche audience. The first is obviously much more important.

2. In my experiences, it didn't increase traffic and no one complained when I cancelled it with BigMailBox. Of course, my domain isn't so hot that people would drop what they use to use it. Just my two cents...