SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone please answer my query......???
    I installed litecommerce with CMS module in my webserver.After installation when i opened my website the message appears that "currently php 5.2.9 is being used ,upgrade it to php 5.3.0".Now how do I do that? I downloaded php 5.3.0 but dont know how can I upgrade my webserver to this newer version. Please help....

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by premkatiyar View Post
    Can anyone please answer my query......???
    I installed litecommerce with CMS module in my webserver.After installation when i opened my website the message appears that "currently php 5.2.9 is being used ,upgrade it to php 5.3.0".Now how do I do that? I downloaded php 5.3.0 but dont know how can I upgrade my webserver to this newer version. Please help....
    Do you run your own server or are you on a shared hosting account?

If you run your own, who manages it day to day? PHP installation requires administrator level access and is generally something you need some technical experience to handle.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying.

No i have my domain hosted to other private server.

Is there any other ecommerce shopping cart plus CMS module which is free, available which I can install easily.Since i don't have my own server I feel it would be difficult for me to upgrade to php 5.3.0.

But I do have phpmyadmin login with me.Will it help because I can't see anywhere this option of upgrading to newer version there?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by premkatiyar View Post
    But I do have phpmyadmin login with me.Will it help because I can't see anywhere this option of upgrading to newer version there?
    No. Your hosting provider would have to make the upgrade.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...need help with prestashop installation...I have installed prestashop but I can see its back end web page and can login into it but front end shop page is not opening up in my browser and it is showing error.I dont know what is the reason?

Have I made a mistake in understanding prestashop..???Is it to be installed with some other CMS or it is self sufficient ? I have no other file except prestashop files in my web directory.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a novice freelance web designer and my first client has asked me to create and ecommerce site for her. I can create websites but I'm unsure about the process behind an ecommerce site. I've been reading on this forum that you need ecommerce software but is there any other way. What I mean is am I able to create the whole site myself if I'm able to teach myself php and mysql which I've started doing or will I need some kind of software for the site?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated
    If you are looking to impress your client quickly then I would say you can't go much wrong with a hosted shopping cart like
    BigCommerce - http://www.bigcommerce.com/. Comes with plenty of templates to choose from as well.
    You could signup as a reseller/partner as well - http://www.bigcommerce.com/partners/

Tip: Type related:bigcommerce.com into google to find other similar vendors/providers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have anyone tried tomatocart?? It seems to be a good e-commerce CMS solution with a lot of features...