User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help building webpages in ImageReady

I built a webpage in ImageReady and when I tried to save it as optimized I got message stating that I couldn't save because "an assertion failed". What does that mean? How large is too large for a webpage anyway? I have cable so pages load much quicker than dial up. Could my page be too large?

(****** or Deleted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An assertion is usually a bug in the program, maybe try rebooting and try again?

Could you provide anymore details on the error? Maybe speak to Adobe's tech support about it...

As for size, it is debatable but I would never allow a page to go over 50k MAX including images, even though I try and keep my files as small as possible...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends what you are going for ... I remember constructing a huge page once as part of a investor relations project ... ~250K. The Photoshop file was prabably 120MB.

Regardless of your file's size, Image Ready Should be able to handle it... unless you have little memory and are using an OS that can't compensate.

Good suggestion above, Adobe should answer your question.
    Using your unpaid time to add free content to SitePoint Pty Ltd's portfolio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't Image Ready have an "optimization" and "optimize for the Web" (which would save it to your root folder) choice?

Does sound like a software thing, you could reload your software or just trash the preference file and reboot. Hopefully you saved your file another way. I designed my site in photoshop and took layers into Image Ready for rollover buttons... had no problem there. I never checked how large my pages are, but they work.

Good luck!
    A portrait's soul will look out for an eternity.
    ewschott-fineart.com

Please review my site!