SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver: Updating Image Links

Ive come across a small problem, Im sure someone else must have as well that uses Dreamweaver.

I have a number of templates set out and when I need to update anything or change links, I make the change to the template and it propogates through all the files derived from the given template......all so far, except in one case.

In these templates I have some image links ( you click the image to take you wherevere), now when I change these links, the changes do not propogate through to the sub files.

Is this a bug within DW? Im using version 4. Has anyone else come across this problem? Found a solution?

It is just terribly frustarting to have to go through all teh sub files and manually make the changes.
    stablewars.com - WWF Fantasy Wrestling, It ain't no E-fed!

There can be only One.... joelwills's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not come across this, but you can just do a Find and Replace search. It will look in all the files within the site and replace it with the link you want.

I haven't got it with me at the moment, but it's just a simple option on the standard menus.

Joel
    Life Goggles - The Entertaining Environment Blog
    http://www.lifegoggles.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as joel said, use the find and replace function.

and It'd be better if use a chunk of code for the find and replace function. it works better....i mean, instead of saying change all "index.htm" to "index2.htm"...

ask dreamweaver to change <a href="index.htm>Home</a> to <a href="mypage.htm>Home</a>.

The reason being...you are just making sure it changes the links in places you want it to...not in other undesirable places. I tlak from past horrible [and stupid] mistakes.

And remember, always make a backup.

asT.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I figured my last resort would be a find and replace, was checking to see if there was another way or if this was an known "bug". Thanks anyway.
    stablewars.com - WWF Fantasy Wrestling, It ain't no E-fed!