Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spam?

HI,

could you please have a look at the url:

http://www.furniture123.co.uk/

and tell me, if this site is spamming the search engines by putting this big chunk of text upfront the "normal" code?

If yes, what was the email address for google?

Thanks

Daniel

The short answer is yes... Herbster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a standard noscript tag to me.
    What am I missing?
    Why would you want to report them?

SitePoint Enthusiast oliphaunt.net's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so to put this on top is allowed??

-------------------------------
    <!-- Search engineers spider text -->
    <noscript>
    <h1>Welcome to furniture123 - Bedroom furniture, Office furniture, Garden furniture, Online furniture retailers UK</h1>
    <h2>UK's first online furniture store, offering convenience, value for money, wide range of branded products, exceptional customer service, contemporary and traditional styles, outstanding delivery with friendly and helpful staff.</h2>
    <h2>furniture123, office furniture, garden furniture, pine furniture, bedroom furniture, leather sofa, futon bed, dining table, wardrobe uk, furniture store, bunk bed, sofa bed, computer desk, conservatory furniture, leather furniture, table uk, book case, furniture shop, desk uk, child bed, home office furniture, child furniture, dining furniture, coffee table, office chair, furniture retailer, upholstery uk, bathroom furniture, iron bed, dressing table, computer furniture, kitchen furniture, lounge furniture, bar stool, pine bed, dining room furniture, contemporary furniture, computer workstation, dining chair, reclining chair, furniture, bed, sofa, chair, mattress</h2>

<p>
    The furniture123 team is furniture, made up of people with extensive
    experience <a href="/ubik.dll">furniture123</a>, of furniture manufacturing, furniture
    retailing, new media, logistics, marketing and finance. Together we recognised,
    bed that there was a better way for people to shop for furniture than <a href="/ubik.dll/home/about/index">office
    furniture</a>, to spend several weekends driving around from one showroom to another
    in search of the right item of furniture at an affordable furniture, price. By
    combining our industry <a href="/ubik.dll/home/faqs/index">garden furniture</a>,
    experience with the new possibilities offered by the Internet we have created
    an online furniture shopping, bed experience like no other. From the comfort of
    your home and away <a href="/ubik.dll/home/news/index">pine furniture</a>, from
    a pressured sales environment you now have access to a collection of 1000's of
    quality furniture items at low prices, furniture, made possible by our lower overheads.
    In short - we are able to save you time and money. We also recognise that people
    buying furniture wish to make an, bed informed purchasing decision. furniture123
    therefore offers comprehensive online <a href="Bedroom_Furniture.htm">bedroom
    furniture</a>, product information as well as Britain's first online furniture
    magazine designed to furniture, inform and inspire people who have an interest
    in furniture. Our friendly and experienced <a href="/ubik.dll/home/security/index">home
    office furniture</a>, staff are also available to answer any question you might
    have either by, bed email or by telephone. Enjoy the furniture123 experience!
    'I have placed an online order using <a href="/ubik.dll/home/site_map/index">computer
    furniture</a>, your secure server. Thanks again for your prompt assistance. It
    is always nice to furniture, experience such a good level of personal service
    when using an online retailer.' 'Well done! A great idea (such a perfect category
    to put online considering, as your blurb, bed on the homepage says, that so many
    weekends can be wasted traipsing, often fruitlessly, around the stores - <a href="/ubik.dll/home/terms/terms_and_conditions.html">kitchen
    furniture</a>, most of which are out of town - for basic, functional furniture).
    The sensible furniture, leadtimes and free delivery are real bonuses on top, of
    course, of the discounted basic costs.' 'I <a href="/ubik.dll/home/testimonials/index">lounge
    furniture</a>, would like to take this opportunity to thank you, bed very much
    for all the help I have received in ordering my furniture. Although a little wary
    of making such a big purchase over <a href="/ubik.dll/home/tips/buying_tips">dining
    room furniture</a>, the Internet everything went smoothly and I will continue
    to furniture, recommend you to everyone I know.' 'Just a quick note to let you
    know that I am incredibly happy with the bed I ordered on your website. I was
    surprised, bed by the speed of delivery and the quality of the product. I shall
    be recommending you to as many friends as possible.' 'We are very <a href="/ubik.dll/home/warranty/warranty_info">contemporary
    furniture</a>, happy with the product and found the service from the acceptance
    of our order, furniture, confirmation, notification of delivery, delivery and
    assembly to be exceptional. If we require any <a href="/ubik.dll/home/guarantee/index">conservatory
    furniture</a>, furniture in the future we will start, bed our search with furniture-on-line.
    We have recommended you to our family and friends!' 'The service has been excellent.
    Price for the furniture <a href="/ubik.dll/home/7reasons/index">leather furniture</a>,
    was competitive, it was delivered 4 weeks earlier than furniture, expected and
    the e-mail updates were superb. I would use your service again without hesitation.'
    </p>
    </noscript>
    -----------------------------

if yes, then this will really help some of my pages

daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so to put this on top is allowed??
    That's an Aspen question.

As far as I know it's ok and that's how I'm currently doing it. Same with noframes stuff...

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any keyword stuffing like that, in noscript tags, in small text, in text the same color as the background, in a hidden div, will get you banned if you're caught.

And unlike some things, namely cloaking, its pretty easy to catch this.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm confused.
    In other threads I thought you said it was aok to use noscript and noframes tags.

Is the difference that the content in this example is different that what appears on the page?
    (I hadn't studied the actual page...)

If we are using javascript menus or frames it's ok to put our links in the noscript noframes tag isn't it?

tia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not that he's using noscript tags. Its HOW he's using them.

Its the keyword stuffing that'll get you in trouble, no matter where on your page it is.

I am obstructing justice. bronze trophy fatnewt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aspen, are there any SE questions that you can't answer?
    Colin Temple [twitter: @cailean]
    Web Analyst at Napkyn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Aspen's jedi search engine powers go beyond all means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have complained to google, if they will remove the site, then we know you are not allowed to do it, if they keep the site, then I misunderstood something ..

Have a successful google dance

oliphaunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a third choice:

They missed your email in the deluge of emails that they get and never find out about the site.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who cares if they are "keyword stuffing"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    Its not that he's using noscript tags. Its HOW he's using them.

Its the keyword stuffing that'll get you in trouble, no matter where on your page it is.
    OK. I see. I should have read the first part of the noscript text - the part that hurt my eyes and I skimmed over...

Still, unless you are out to crush competition, why report this stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't bother reporting, its not like keyword stuffing actually helps ranking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course it helps ranking, why else they should do it :-)

to get all this keywords on the first site, you have to make an ugly first page or you do such a tricks.

I wouldnīt mind such a tricks, as they donīt really cheat about the content on their site.

But it brings them big advantage, and these people have so much money, why they are allowed to buy their way up to the top position?

oliphaunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oliphaunt, do you, by any chance, sell furniture?

Originally posted by fatnewt
    aspen, are there any SE questions that you can't answer?
    Originally posted by Archbob
    No, Aspen's jedi search engine powers go beyond all means.
    This is in the FAQ I hope. It should be.