SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facebook's auto system rejects my real name

I'm trying to create a personal account on Facebook (I may add a business page later) but their system won't accept my name: "Tim Rocks"

The best I can speculate is that they may be filtering out "Rocks" as a common verb people would choose when making up a fake name. But I would prefer to use my real name to avoid confusion with customers and others.

Of course they have an impenetrable customer service wall.

Wondering if anyone here has any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also wanted to add verb in my display name, so I just put a common people name & registered with it.After some time I changed my marital status from single to married & changed the name.It really worked for me, but I did this thing a year back,now I have no idea whether you can play this trick or not.try it may it would work for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, "Rocks" is my real name-- I'm not trying to get away with anything.

But that is an interesting tip--- maybe after I get "married" I could later have a "divorce".. Would be nice if they just had a help desk for situations like this. But I guess that would cut into their billions of dollars of profit.