User Tag List

Thread: webhosting.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone-

I just wanted to share my experiences with Webhosting.com. I'm usually an easy customer, but they crossed the line.

Their site looks professional, and they've won lots of awards. However, they continually failed to provide adequate support for my site. Hold times on their tech support line topped 25-30 minutes.

After trying to cancel my account, it took their accounting department nearly 2 weeks to return my phone call!

Best wishes,
    Andrew

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me about it....don't know where all of the "award winning customer support" went to, but I'm gettin out ASAP....two weeks to change a domain name.....going on three to fix a simple email problem...we'll see how long it takes to get my account cancelled.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To cancel your account, they'll make you fax something in. Then, don't expect any action until you call them.

I've asked my credit card company to do a charge back on them.

Using Interland.com now...it's better, but not perfect.

------------------
    http://www.webmasterexpert.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your post about webhosting.com will probably be deleted since the owner of this site knows the CEO. Anyway, i've had a terrible experience with webhosting.com. I finally 'escalated' my issue to the president last friday, now it's almost a week later and i have not heard a thing. They also changed the password on my account so I can't even use it and it's been over a month. Im not even going to get into what else i am mad at them about. Suffice it to say that I will
    never recommend them to anybody. I have also asked my credit card company to reverse the charge.

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!!!

------------------
    http://www.CandMWebDesign.com - The best in web site design, maintenance, marketing, and development

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand, the owner of Webmaster-Resources will not delete these posts, since he believes in the integrity of the net. Hopefully, he will follow up on them.

We'll see.

------------------

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This probably isn't the place to get into it, but...

If you've been lurking around this site for long enough, you will have found that Matt is "partnered" with Sausage Software (Pagemill, Hotdog series, etc), dN Hosting, and maybe Dundee (he highly recommends it). I'm not 100% sure about those but it seems as if Matt (WR's Webmaster) is in cahoots with those companies.

I know there have been some posts against some of those companies in here, and (in one instance) Sausage Software staff posted (I believe) in their behalf. If anything were to happen, WebHosting.com's (supposedly non-existant) CEO would post here.

From what it seems, WebHosting.com obviously isn't good. They probably already know of this page (through referral trackers) and they may even be devising a post.

Now, about WebHosting.com .

I see they have many, many awards from reputable sources. I had an ugly experience with them but moved to my current host, which I love ( http://www.super.nu ).

Anyways, that's enough for a (quite random) post.

------------------
    -Quinn Slack
    http:/www.fourthdev.com has webmaster resources!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what bugs me the most about webhosting.com. So many awards, from top sources.

But let's think about it. Do you actually think PC computing signed up as a regular customer and acted as one of us when dealing with customer support? Doubt it. Plus, their quote is for business hosting.

I love top of their site right now. It reads "not getting any? friendly technical support, 24 hours a day, has earned us the confidence..." You get the picture.

------------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    webhosting.com's horrible service has encouraged me to post. after 6 days of agony, i still dont have the answer to a very basic question. i have escalated to supervisor level and plan to escalate to president but i have serious doubts. i have tried phone support and their chatroom, but they did not help in the slightest. stay away.

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    d3v, I thought you told me that you hated your host!? Hmm...

------------------
    Webmaster's Network

The best Webmaster related links, articles, reviews resources and more! NEW DOMAIN NAME!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use webhosting and never will from the looks of it, but I had a similar experience with another host. I finally just canceled the contract and filed with the BBB. The host even had the nerve to ignore the BBB. At least I have it on the record.

Just a thought.

CDitty

------------------
    Stop on by and try to win. Someone has to win. Might as well be you.

RedHotSweeps.com

Matt Mickiewicz
    SitePoint Community Guest
    "Matt is "partnered" with Sausage Software (Pagemill, Hotdog series, etc), dN Hosting, and maybe Dundee (he highly recommends it)."

Don't jump to conclusions. I have never received a single penny from any of those companies for recommending them.

------------------
    http://www.webmaster-resources.com
    Articles, Reviews & Resources for webmasters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also to chime in for matt. He's a straight forward guy and just because he's got advertising for a company doesn't mean he cann 100% support them. everyone loves one and hate another. Matt has however pulled contracts because of disputes that arise from promotions he's ran etc. Thee best thing to keep in mind is that even though someone promotes something doesn't mean you shouldn't do your homework.

------------------
    Eric Jones
    http://www.quixtar.com
    IBO# 1121278
    E-mail me for a 1-1 talk about setting up your dream business.
    mailto:jonese@gci-net.com

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd Chime for "Matt" - Advertising seems to be the name of the game with many sites having affiliates with the sole purpose of bringing in the $$...and odds are these web site's primary interest isn't in recommending quality.

So it is rather hypocritical to be criticizing a site having programs as affiliates - when sometimes that's all many of the web sites contain...How many posts in the WR Forum are just to have readers visit their site to "click" for a banner dime?

Not so with WR! As with any product "thumbs up" you have to research and evaluate on your own, but "Matt" has proven to be an ethical and professional owner/webmaster of WR...

And as for content, I keep coming back for the reviews, opinions and resources...and will keep coming back

------------------
    PPSV's WebKat
    Professional Photographers of Sacramento Valley