SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem connecting a classic asp project to SQLserver 2008 express via IIS7 on win7 6

Problem connecting a classic asp project to SQLserver 2008 express with this query strings:

conn = "Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Database= database; Trusted_Connection=yes"
    conn = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=database;UserID=sa;Password=123"
    conn = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Initial Catalog= database;Integrated Security=True;Network Library =dbmssocn"
    conn = "Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=database;Data Source=(local);"
    SQL Server: Authentication: SQL Server and windows authentication mode
    Iím using IIS7 in a win 64bit
    Do I need a DB user and password in sql DB and querystring? is the iis7? win7 64bit?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that provider run OK in ASP in 64-bit mode? i.e. is it a 64-bit OLEDB provider? If not, try enabling IIS7 to allow 32-bit applications.

Open IIS7.
    Select Application Pools
    Click on DefaultAppPool
    Click on Advanced Settings
    Expand General (if necessary) and set Enable 32-Bit Applications to True
    Click OK
    (I don't know if you'll need to click on Recycle).

... I know the above needs to be done to allow MS Access databases to be used by ASP on IIS7+
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you resetting the conn variable? You should comment out all but the active connection string. As you have it now, only the last connection string will be used, and it's not using .\SQLEXPRESS as a datasource.
    Doug G
    =====
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the view is always the same - Anon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well spotted! Yes - you need to append each line to the conn variable ...

Code ASP:
    conn = "Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Database= database; Trusted_Connection=yes"
    conn = conn & "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=database;UserID=sa;Password=123"

'OR

conn = "Driver={SQL Server}; Server=.\SQLEXPRESS; Initial Catalog= database;Integrated Security=True;Network Library =dbmssocn"
    conn = conn &  "Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=database;Data Source=(local);
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for the answers.

Well, Doug G, I'm using only one of those conn Strings.

I got the problem. It was a user permission issue in SQLexpress.

Thanks any way