SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast MonsterZero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding Websites Where Architects Hang Out

My company is a granite fabrication contractor. We don't have any architects or interior decorators as part of our staff but we often work with them. When a customer needs some fancy granite work for her bathroom/kitchen sometimes she will approach us directly but sometimes we'll be contacted by an architect or an interior decorator representing that person.

We need to market the architect & interior decorator audience and draw them to our website. One thing I'm considering is finding websites where they hang out so we could try animated banners or other forms of linking to our home page.

One important problem to consider is that the only architects that will be of any use to us are those in Chicago area-in the several counties covered by our fairly local, small business.

What's the best way to get started? Does anybody have a similar experience to share?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmmm ...

I used to be an architectural technician in the UK and could help you here (I still know a lot of architects) but I guess that's no good. Let me know if I'm of any use.

G

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There might be architects forum sites on the web as there are webmaster forums (like this one). You could try search engines using terms such as "architects forum" or "architects group" etc.

Hope this helps...
    David

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you are looking for local architects you are unlikely to find a group for that size and location "hanging on the web"

You would be much better of doing some type of local mail shot or campaign to make architects aware of your site.

How about producing a flyer with your marketing message on and sending it all the architects in your local region? You coould offer them an incentive to register or add their email to a list (chance of work) as a way to build a contact list.
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

You wanna' peice o' me! Automated's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is VERY higly targetted market, you will definately hav to do a bit of offline marketing.

Unless you hot a goldmine! with the perfect acrhitect community forum or something!

GoodLuck

Matthew Taylor
    FreelanceForums.com - Do you Freelance ?
    Visit the Freelance Forums and participate in all areas of Freelance Chat

SitePoint Enthusiast MonsterZero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Cloughie
    How about producing a flyer with your marketing message on and sending it all the architects in your local region? You coould offer them an incentive to register or add their email to a list (chance of work) as a way to build a contact list.
    Oh, the boss had an idea for this printed brochure even before I came to the company. We definitely will mail out a brochure (we purchased the architects' business addresses from a data company)

Nevertheless, there isn't a single possibility I will leave unexplored. I really want to bring in new customers so the boss doesn't think this "Internet idea" is a waste of time and money. Every new customer is extremely vital to my professional success & job security.