User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review My Movie Trailers Website

Hi everyone. Please review my free movie trailers website http://www.moviehandbook.com

I just started promoting it today and there are over 50,000 free movie trailers with presentation in high quality format. I think it is a great site and that it has the potential to really take off. Please let me know what you think, likes and dislikes.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site is absolutely fantastic. But there are some things that i would recommend.
    First of all try to make a more visible background on the navigation menu and make it a little bigger, second, i don't see any movies on the three blocks: Box Office, Opening this week and coming soon, third move the adsense in the top or replace it with the other banners so you will have a bigger ctr rate and final, change the copyright, (2009-2010).
    My overall score for the website is 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. Great job.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, the movies on the three blocks have been fixed to show up there. The Google Adsense fits best on the layout where it is at the bottom, plus there are the Amazon links for movies on each one. It might be nice to have the Google Adsense at the top, but it would make it tougher for them to see the movie listings.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good and the amazon idea is great, but minimize your ads in the bottom, it earns very less in the bottom and I see you are using Clickbank and adsense both, I read in another forum that google penalized and canceled both adsense and adwords account bcoz of affiliate ads

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really, really well done. I am impressed.

Can I ask what kind of cms or backend you are using? Is it custom written?

Great work, my only criticism is the way that movie detail pages open in a new window when you click on them from the carousel on the homepage, but that is personal taste.

-Phil

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would add an ability to comment on trailers also as these pages look a bit empty (plus add a description to the right - it might be also good)
    MY overall score is 5, great job

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website is well monetized, I really like it a lot.

Keep up the good work.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone. There are places for comments on each movie trailer, way at the bottom of the page. The site is custom designed by someone other than me, I did not do the programming but I would say he did a great job.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, the site is good.
    The major thing on my view is the navigation menu. Your logo is kind of killing a bit the menu, and it would be nice to have some orange hover. But if your idea for the design was like this, to make the menu section clean as possible, then I would re-design the search button and the border around the whole menu. I'll even accept one bottom horizontal line with fading end.
    Never mind what I say, good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow the site looks professional

dislikes : the search bar border color is dark so make it light like you can use white instead of using grey. Also i noticed Image scroller loads slowly on fair Internet Connection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow the site looks professional

dislikes : the search bar border color is dark so make it light like you can use white instead of using grey. Also i noticed Image scroller loads slowly on fair Internet Connection.

SitePoint Enthusiast adrenalinfeed's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there.

1. Give me a reason to click the images in the slideshow. Either a play arrow (indicates I would see a movie, and it should autoplay), or a text that says why/what I can expect if I click.

2. The design looks kind of unfinished. The logo and the three headings under the slideshow does not fit each other at all, and that makes the site look cheap (sorry).

3.The choice of font used for "This weekend: New movie trailers" looks quite wrong for some reason, and why the usage of a image instead of text?

4. Too many banner ads. Drop the amount, and the site will look much better. Do not promote too many banners unless you have LOTS of traffic (too many is allways bad, even if you have a lot of traffic).

Except theese points? Congratulations. I think you´re on to something. Nice concept!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    This is great website.
    Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the website it looks very professional keep up the good work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your site is very nice in terms of design, i really love it... but u can improve it! i think if u can cut some ads thatll be great, there is way too many now and maybe integrate the ads a bit more into the site's design. the image scroller is great, but i think u can manage this without flash, flash just slows the site performance down and is bad for seo. thats all, maybe change the logo picture a bit, its a little quirky... keep up the good work!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    The site looks good and would suggest a couple of options
    1. option to change background color say a white / light background option (I had one site with black background) and many users came back saying they prefer lighter tones. This is again conditional from user to user but this is one feedback I had received for one of my sites long back.
    2. Ads at the bottom make no sense. Say something in between the scrollbar and the 3 boxes.
    3. For the inner page (the individual movie page) I would like the trailer / video say either on top or along the content.
    4. Also on the inner pages its fully filled up with amazon links. I think you could use say other ad networks and also say related posts etc. rather than simply calling amazon links all over. The content gets lost amongst the ads.
    5. The buy Now button. I would also like the buy now button on top, say near the movie banner or somewhere like that.
    RecipesNext.com - recipes, kitchen queries, videos & more...
    BargainNext.com - coupons / deals / bargains / offers & more...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello mybaseballcards, I've just checked your site.
    The two box (box office+coming soon) are blank, is the site still in development?
    Also, you could put a newsletter box, to catch the email of the visitors..
    By the way, good site for me!
    Tony

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love your site. its just perfect. keep up good job.

ivan

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the coverflow-style UI - site looks very clean, and easy to access the information you want. Kudos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good. I would suggest you put a rating on each title like 1-5 stars.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very nice site but I found two things that kinda jumped out.

The fading in the comments section just screams "STOP LOOKING AT ME"
    The logo doesn't like to home. I know this isn't a design thing, but most people use that to got back to the home page instead of clicking the small "home" link on the top.