SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I've just watched MI:2 and I must say that it's an impressive movie, although the storyline is a real Hero-Saves-World-And-Gets-The-Girl one

Some things were a bit strange, like with the masks, I didn't really get it, but well, it wasn't me who bought the tickets!

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    http://emudreams.tsx.org
    TriAxis (Still Alpha!)
    Everyone has a destiny in life. Some just never reach it

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll make it brief...

God, Guitars, school.

Well I think that's about it. Told you it would be brief. Wait, I forgot a few.

Trying to hit on chicks I'll never get that always ending up hating me along with a punch to the eye, trying to figure out why my socks never match, eating Doritos(tm), sleeping, hangin out, girls,trying to find a way to hind from all the people that want to know how to do every little thing in Photoshop Web Designing and all those other things, taking advil, putting cold compresses on my eye, trying to find a way to pass 10th grade without doing any work

---------------
    Stuart Briscar
    gaming-spawn.com

[This message has been edited by WebDevMaster (edited August 13, 2000).]

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's simple. Watch what the teacher does, and when they mess up, correct them. Got me 105% in Geometry, and I never turned in "the big year end project."

Then again, my teacher believed that students learned from the teacher mistakes (which is true), so I wouldn't try this on all teachers.

Richard

richjb::368

------------------
    richard@brevig.com

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta tell you I hate the new Mission Impossible Movies.

I really like the original TV series though. See on the TV series the people were very very clever, and it wasn't about being acrobatic and swinging inside some super vault. It was about outsmarting the other guy, have these huge elaborate plans that they pull off in the end and you say "Ah ha thats what they were doing." The new ones have much too much hollywood in them. They're decent in their own right, but undeserving of the Mission Impossible name in my opinion. In the original series they would hardly ever have to shoot a gun, they'd play both sides against the middle and get the bad guys to kill each other. The new one is just about a short guy with a big nose riding on a motorcycle.

On topic I do almost everything online, I'm usually on my computer rather than watching TV or something, I used to read alot, the Dragonlance Saga, but I read all of them so my interest sorta fizzled out. When I'm not working online I'm either playing Gemstone III which is a text bases multiplayer RPG or Counterstrike which is a halflife mod.

Chris

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by aspen:

On topic I do almost everything online, I'm usually on my computer rather than watching TV or something, I used to read alot, the Dragonlance Saga, but I read all of them so my interest sorta fizzled out. When I'm not working online I'm either playing Gemstone III which is a text bases multiplayer RPG or Counterstrike which is a halflife mod.

Chris
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dragonlance? I've read the first six books of the Dragonlance Sage and I must say that it's a very, very impressive story. I only can't seem to find the rest of the series so if anyone is willing to send all of them to me...

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    http://emudreams.tsx.org
    TriAxis (Still Alpha!)
    Everyone has a destiny in life. Some just never reach it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by TWTCommish:
    Ugh, chill out man. First off; I might be assuming too much (say so if I am) but not every film features Anthony Hopkins and Kenneth Brannagh (sp?)...nothing wrong with a little action here and there.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK OK so you caught me out. My favourite films of all time are Silence of the Lambs, The Shining, Stand by Me and Kids.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by TWTCommish:
    Call me crazy, but not every film needs high quality acting or an amazing storyline;
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're crazy (only joking of course). As I reminded everybody in the chat room yesterday, you only live once. I don't see why we should waste the little time we have on this planet by watching stupid movies that aren't going to impact our lives in any way what-so-ever.

Call me nuts, but I think we're in the golden age of film now, where anyone can put their thoughts onto the screen thanks to today's technology and movies are popular enough that a lot more money can be invested into them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, this can only be a good thing. I don't usually say bad things about every film I watch, because I know that there are thousands out there that would be to my liking. It's just M:I 2 was asked about in this forum

they're a certain type of movie just as sappy dramas are; doesn't mean they're worthless...just stay away from them if you must. I wouldn't go to see Bridges of Madison County and then complain that there wasn't any action!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm I didn't mean my complaints like this. I believe that even action films should have a story. I loved The Matrix. It had great effects yet had a moving story behind it - one that actually made you think. And the fact that M:I 2 was just a lame James Bond rip off doesn't do it any favours.

I have to agree with aspen however about this movie series been much much worse than the TV series. Come on guys, only 10 year olds are interested in motorcycle chases and people getting their fingers cut off. OK OK so my cousin is an exception but he still enjoys watching wrestling on TV. Some people never grow up

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like watching movies, looking for girls, reading, reading, reading, visiting California, playing piano, looking for girls, shopping, listening to music, playing any sports (except volleyball) which include soccer, baseball, and looking for girls.

I thought MI:2 was definitely not as good as the first one.

------------------
    Justin Stayton
    Freelance Web Designer
    justin@j.cx
    www.j.cx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like playing basketball and going to the gym [pumping weights is da bomb!]. I read heaps, my favourite author at the moment is Stephen King followed by Robert Jordan. I like hanging with my friends...

Damn, I actually don't do that much at all.

Oh and I like music, bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Sunk Loto etc etc etc...

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from computers, my main hobby is weight training.

However I am into this in a big way and it takes up much of my time as I have to weigh, cook, write down and count the calories aswell as eat the six6 meals I consume a day. Then there are the supplements I take and the gym 4 x a week aswell, so it takes up nearly all my time.

Some class it as obseissive but I really don't care. I have gone from a 150 lb weaking with no muscle defintion to 180 lb's and look pretty cool.. I still want to go so much further I just gotta keep at it !! Its amazing how much you can change your body if you put in the time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by nitegold:
    )Anyway I thought M:I 2 was absolute rubbish. Just like the first one. The only reason I went to see it was because my cousin likes that kind of trash, and as I was staying with him at the time I could hardly say no This movie was uninspiring and worst of all even *I* could point out numerous inconsistencies that spoilt the film. Overall rating: -6/10.

By the way, the first M:I was so bad that I can't even remember what it was about. The only thing which I can remember is some guy getting spiked on top of an elevator. With any luck I will forget M:I 2 too.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ugh, chill out man. First off; I might be assuming too much (say so if I am) but not every film features Anthony Hopkins and Kenneth Brannagh (sp?)...nothing wrong with a little action here and there. Call me crazy, but not every film needs high quality acting or an amazing storyline; I walked into the theatres for Mi2 expecting a certain kind of movie and walked out totally satisfied with the results...the previews alone make it clear what the movie will be like.

As for the first; it was fabulous. Just a little hard to understand, but overall that made it better. Some of the scenes in that flick are classic.

Call me nuts, but I think we're in the golden age of film now, where anyone can put their thoughts onto the screen thanks to today's technology and movies are popular enough that a lot more money can be invested into them. Embrace mindless action flicks (Although not all are mindless), they're a certain type of movie just as sappy dramas are; doesn't mean they're worthless...just stay away from them if you must. I wouldn't go to see Bridges of Madison County and then complain that there wasn't any action!

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am a volleyball player. love horseback riding, traveling, whitewater rafting and any other activity that gives me a chance to break my neck when I am not out looking for adventure/trouble i love to read books.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hobby is acting. Well...I guess it is sorta a career too, but as my parents say "school is your job" (which is actually not right...because you can quit a job and you get paid at a job) - but whatever. I also like hanging out with friends and other actors that people have never heard of. And I like going to movie theatres and "regular" theatres (plays and improv) with my friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Mi2 is not Matrix...but parts of it were still cool. The mountain climbing scene was good.

Yeah, you only live one; but I'd say very few of the movies I watch impact my life. I'm sure we've all done things like sing through the entire song "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" just for the hell of it; those don't impact our lives either...but hey, we do 'em anyway.

Anyway, I havn't seen the series...I do think the first film was MUCH better than the first, although still too hard to follow.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do weightlifting, I wrestle on my schools wrestling thing, i play floor hockey, i skate. And i am 13.

------------------
    Have A Nice Day
    Webmaster
    webmaster@supernovanetworks.com
    http://www.supernovanetworks.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fly radio contro airplanes and make websites for fun. Anything I do has to have a computer in it. Even my two planes! The transmiter(the part you hold in your hand) has a built in computer to program special stuff into the plane.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by JRS385:
    And I like going to movie theatres and "regular" theatres (plays and improv) with my friends.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try not to watch movies too much, unless in a theatre, as I usually do not enjoy people talking during them, or doing that "Oh, I remember this, he does..." thing that you get from the living room. I would probably even more enjoy a live play over a movie any time, unless of course I was looking for something with a lot of action. When we lived near NY, it was fun to go to a Broadway every once and a while when on Homeleave.

Richard
    richjb::383

------------------
    richard@brevig.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vaguely remember a time when I had "hobbies" but now that I am working full time for an internet startup, as well as trying to keep my own sites running, there's little time for anything else. I will probably be first in line when they start handing out neural implants ;-)

I really love to read, and of course I enjoy spending the few spare moments I can snatch with my wife...

Edwin

------------------
    Edwin Hayward - VP Technology, Internet Business Forum, Inc.
    FREE info, tips, insights & advice to help you work the web
    http://www.ibizhome.com/1905.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by Justin S:
    I like watching movies, looking for girls, reading, reading, reading, visiting California, playing piano, looking for girls, shopping, listening to music, playing any sports (except volleyball) which include soccer, baseball, and looking for girls.

I thought MI:2 was definitely not as good as the first one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, you're certainly looking a lot for girls ;-)

Christophe

------------------
    Freesources.net - the ultimate webmaster resources site
    WebmasterCJ design - opening new worlds for small prices

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, aside from my hobbies of web developing and web surfing, I love to watch MTV, movies and train Tae Kwon Do school.

I work full time as a tech support and surf full time on SitePoint and join part time on SP forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hang around kart tracks (my l'il brother races), skate a bit, waste time on the net when I should be building sites... my friend flies model helicopters, I'd love to learn to do that

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I collect spores, molds, and fungus. And I quote lines from Ghostbusters at every opportunity.
    Who's got time for anything other than work?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my part I seek contracts while I don't update my web sites. Other than that, I am also a film freak and just finished a certificate in this field and am now about to start making my first short; I really can't wait!

Other than movies I am into 3D animation, I love documentaries on aviation, space, and all kind of technologies.

Oh! and what I dislike right now but I really don't have a choice to learn is: ASP and databases!

For me, Chinese would be easier to learn in a sense hehe.

Cheers!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a side note, who has ICQ? (hehe...this is not a good question )

My number is: 5404541 and I like to talk about:

-Auto Racing.
    -Aviation/space.
    -Web technologies.
    -Computers hardware.
    -Web Design & technologies.
    -3D animation.
    -Film making and Film discussion.

Well, that's it for me. What do you like to talk about?

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Flywaver (edited August 19, 2000).]

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motocross... music... cinema.. football... cracking (for educational purposes only, of course)... reverse engineering... rugby... steak, chips and lager... ripping mp3s... building computers... overclocking old computers and melting the processors to slag hehehe... working... college... rugby... steak, chips and lager... programming... taking stuff apart... hhhmmmmm steak... coffee... beating up army kids... working[2]... taking the %^&* out of my friend who goes to the gym to try and be hard... golf... disliking people who smoke... going to the ministry of sound bar near where I live... going to watch the Blues!! (hooray)... and education etc

[This message has been edited by anti_alias (edited August 23, 2000).]

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like tons of stuff, it's finding the time though isn't it? Thsi year though (I talk in academic years September - August)I am goign to make more time for myself and the things I like.
    I love the Internet but that goes without saying.
    I love Formula 1 and if I could afford I would go to all the Grand Prixs, as it is I go to one a year! But I watch them on TV and I record them to watch again and again.
    I am addicted to TV and movies (most of us seem to be eh?), I watch about 10 hours a day whilst I am working on my PC!
    I playt he saxophone, I try and go hoem about 3/4 times a year (Gibraltar). I am using these trips to try and trace my family tree and find out more about the history of the place I love.
    I like to read, and I am a qualified teacher so I like to help people.
    Apart from that - I'm pretty boring.
    Oh yes, this year I want to learn sign language!

------------------
    www.gib-online.com
    The Rock of Gibraltar on the WEB
    www.urban-studios.com
    ...for all your IT solutions