SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I've seen that...SurvivorSucks.com is fabulous...the message board is also very entertaining.

FYI: the SurvivorSucks.com forums are where CAPLOCK found the possible error/giveyaway on the site.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big brother sucks, who want's to whach a bunch of emotionaly unstable people crying screaming at each other about there problems.
    Surviver is cool. I saw every eposod but the first few. It's Somthing that I would like to do. I think it would be realy fun to be on surviver

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elledan,

It all depends on how you see life and TV.

If it's something to distract you and laugh at some situations, then Big Bro' is cool. On my side it gives me a break from my office and I like to see people's reations when they are in a certain situation.

I am not saying that this program is the best one but it is interesting, and I would love to see the Euro versions because there is no "beeps" every now and then.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elledan,

I'm talking about the UK version. It's much better than any soap opera. It's shown each night at 11 pm, so it's not censored. There is a showing at the weekend at 8pm so that is censored but it's still quality viewing.

Anyway our show is very interesting (and entertaining). There is too much to explain about it in a post like this, but in the UK version something exciting is always happening. I'm sure other people from the UK will also tell you how great this show is. The web site gets eight million visitors a day, which is lots more than the BBC.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys
    How come none of you claim to watch tons of TV? I watch bucketloads every day!
    I bought myself a small TV and out it nect to my PC so I cna watch TV AND work at the same time.

Programs I NEVER EVER miss:
    Dawson's Creek (I know it's crap but I love it)
    Buffy
    Voyager
    X Files
    Chicago Hope
    Grand Prixs
    Friends

------------------
    www.gib-online.com
    The Rock of Gibraltar on the WEB
    www.urban-studios.com
    ...for all your IT solutions

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "in survivor all the women have managed to shave their armpits".

hehe...look carefuly at Kelly and you will see a different story.

As for the mistake on the Survivors site, I think it was a hoax, because Gervase was banned from the Island a few weeks ago so he certainly can't win.

Big Brother is cool in a sense but the people are taking the game too seriously and some will get out pretty much different than before they entered.

I agree that it's too much censored for TV, but they show it at 8PM EDT so they don't want to have kids to talk like Eddie hehehe.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by Flywaver:

Big Brother is cool in a sense but the people are taking the game too seriously and some will get out pretty much different than before they entered.

I agree that it's too much censored for TV, but they show it at 8PM EDT so they don't want to have kids to talk like Eddie hehehe.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmm... You shoud've seen the episodes in Germany of Big Brother... They didn't cesore anything. Of well.. Germany is a complete different country as any other...

Christophe

------------------
    Freesources.net - the ultimate webmaster resources site
    WebmasterCJ design - opening new worlds for small prices

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally haven't had any kind of broadcast or cable television in my house since November of last year. We have over 600 movie videos including every Disney animated feature released to date. We watch those, rent new releases and purchase more videos for entertainment. In the past 10 months my 8 year old son's reading has increased 3 fold, my 4 year old daughter learned how to read. We do more as a family instead of watching reruns and cartoons and it has been a worthwhile experience. We have also broken the habit of having to always have the TV on. Most of the time it only gets used on the weekends.

Also even though I think this experiment has been worthwhile, I will be buying a satellite dish with up to 500 channels for Christmas this year. I just hope to use it more judiciously than before. I have found that the only things I really miss about not having TV is watching "E.R." and the Discovery channel.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Magazine - MetaQuark Creations (Coming Soon)
    wayne@sitepoint.com

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited August 16, 2000).]

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wluke,

I used to have the TV in my office but no more, I ended up watching too much of it.

The Discovery Channel and TLC are the best channels and other than them I watch a few sitcoms but not a lot...Survivors and BigBrother are my other special programs.

Other than that, it's movies and movies.

Cheers!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freesources,

Here in Quebec (Montreal Area) if it's a French Canadian program, it's usually uncensored...from movies to TV series or special events, they don't censor much, it's quite liberal. It's the opposite thing for an English program though, and it's sometimes sad to see that we have 2 different systems.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If It were nopt for things like The Simpsons, Futurama and the Fox News Channel, we likely wouldn't watch anything but movies/videos at my house as well; but this is not the case.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people have obviously never watched the UK version of Big Brother. It sounds much better than the American equivalent. The whole of the UK is hooked on this programme. It's shown at 11 pm every night here and isn't censored in any way. Good job too, or their wouldn't be anything to watch

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone please explain to me what there is about Big Brother that you can possible LIKE that @%$%&# program?

Believe it or not, but Big Brother cured my brother's insomnia!

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    http://emudreams.tsx.org
    TriAxis (Still Alpha!)
    Everyone has a destiny in life. Some just never reach it

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've seen the Dutch version... BORING. I've once managed to keep watching for 15 seconds, then I couldn't resist switching to Discovery Channel, THERE happens at least something!

The UK version must be really good, if you guys like it: nobody of you seems to be braindead

But anyway, I HATE soaps, so maybe that's one big reason I hate BB (Big Boring )

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    http://emudreams.tsx.org
    TriAxis (Still Alpha!)
    Everyone has a destiny in life. Some just never reach it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watch the UK version sometimes! (when there is nothing else I like on). I suppose it is ok although I have seent he Spanish one and that is much better. In the UK one the people on it to me do not seem representative of the population. They are just weirdos who would do anything for money! That is not to sayt he show is not intriguing, but other countries have been doing it over 15 months ago, seems to me that nowadays people lack imagination. Just graba telescope and spy on your neighbours instead eh?

------------------
    www.gib-online.com
    www.urban-studios.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea was good in a sense...it's far from Survivors but it will definately open the doors for new shows, not that they will all be great.

We need new ideas to propell other ones or else it would be the "sale old" on TV.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest news in the UK - apparently they have all baterred Nick! Anyone know anything?

------------------
    www.gib-online.com
    www.urban-studios.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it's true!

What happened was Craig got annoyed that Nick kept trying to tell him who to nominate, so he discussed it with a few other people. Pretty soon everybody released that Nick was cheating them all, so the next morning they all held a meeting to decide what to do. They basically tore Nick apart, and afterwards he went into his room and started to cry.

Big Brother then told Nick that he had disobeyed the rules and that he must leave. At 5 pm he went out the back door and was driven off in a black taxi.

A new contestant will arrive on Saturday to take his place.

You can read more at the Big Brother web site, http://www.bigbrother.terra.com , there is lots more info there on what has been happening. The vote for this week will still go ahead.