SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help lining up text and a link button in a horontal menu

On my sitehttp://northshorewebdesign.net/testsite/ I have a horizontal menu with text and one image link. The menu is under the slideshow. There are 4 text links and an image link. I am trying to line up the text and image horizontally. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Here's the code:
    Code:
    .homepage-sub-menu {float: left; width: 960px; height: 70px;overflow: hidden; position: relative; margin: 10px 0px;} 
    .homepage-sub-menu ul{list-style-type: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; overflow:hidden;} 
    .homepage-sub-menu ul li {float: left; vertical-align:middle; width: 180px;} 
    .homepage-sub-menu ul li a:link,a:visited {display: block; width: 180px; font-family: Calibri,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 10px 4px; font-size: 20px;color: #ffffff; text-decoration:none; vertical-align:middle;display:table-cell;line-height: 70px;} 
    .homepage-sub-menu ul li a:hover,a:active{text-decoration: underline; vertical-align:middle;}
    Thank you

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That extract doesn't seem to appear in your CSS ... have you uploaded the right version?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stevie D is right. There is no sign of those styles in your stylesheet.

Something else but totally unrelated I noticed is that in the styles you posted your list items are 180px wide, but the links inside them are 188px wide (180px + 4px left margin + 4px right margin).