User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardcosbyson View Post
    But then, life before was more simple. I get in touch with my extended family members and friends more often than today-being with them in person that is.
    That doesn't make life necessarilly more simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guido2004 View Post
    That doesn't make life necessarilly more simple
    Yes it does.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Tom I guess that you mean that your first chat in this forum is this post But sure you visit other forums and maybe use MSN or similar. Confess!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said your are thinking that your are outgrew..then i think chatting is not an un matured thing..to go for...its just talking to friends which can be done in any days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still need to 'chat' yes i would agree we have changed the way we communicate to one another with the likes of twitter,email and many other ways,but i guess people could say the same thing about the telephone a 100 years ago.You wont stop progress that is for sure,Skype was a massive move forward for us all this allows us to not only speak to each other but also via webcam.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have started job. So I spend 8 hours on the computer at office. So I have no time to do that and also get frustrated from computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickUK View Post
    You wont stop progress that is for sure,
    And that kinda scares me about the future of communication. Who would have imagined 20 years ago that all communications can be this advanced? The other week I saw a couple living the same house fighting over something and posting their arguments on facebook.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chatting is the means of Conversation,and to have conversation does not have any age limits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forums & emails yes - I think there is more substance to this method of communication rather than IM-ing - I at least think so anyways. I think I just find it more enjoyable and worthwhile rather than real time nowadays! Skype...Hmm I must say, I do like this messenger, I never used to like it at all - I prefer to voice chat myself too - it's more me than typing I guess.
    I find myself on more communities these days than I was a long time ago - I guess its because I love to chat.
    Love pets? Why not discuss virtual pets?
    Contact me on Twitter @cpvr

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My chatting days are not over. i chat with my friends by facebook, gmail and skype.
    Last edited by molona; Feb 4, 2011 at 07:53. Reason: fake signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine are not over but only because people I care about like to chat otherwise i would just call the people on the phone :P

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chatting vs. email and forum posting is much different because one is an ongoing process and the other is one text of everything that you want to say. An email or post is something that you can do and get completed. A chat can end up taking much more time and focus. We are in a time where everything is about multi-tasking and chatting prohibits that in many ways. If you are facebook chatting, especially, most people do not go on to chat but surf around, and that puts a damper on it. I don't know if you have necessarily "grown out of" chatting or just gotten sick of taking that much time out of your day when there are faster ways to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My chatting days are over

SitePoint Enthusiast keithclark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    Seriously, I really struggle nowadays to actually "chat", do you? With the introduction of Twitter, Facebook and the likes, I really find it difficult to find the motivation to actually participate and interact with these services. I've been wondering why I find it so hard and the more I think about it, it's due to the fact that I just can't chat anymore! It's not that I'm lazy *I could talk for Ireland* it's just that I think I may have outgrew it or something!

Nowadays, the only way I do actually enjoy "interacting online" is in a forum setting (of course SP is my fav) or occasionally via Skype (when I remember to log on) and of course email! I find it easy to communicate using these methods, perhaps it's due to the fact that I'm older? I don't really know to be honest. Can you outgrow chatting online? Is it something that's more suited to the "younger" crowd these days? When you compare your routine nowadays to how you were back when you joined the web, just how different is it for you? Maybe it hasn't changed at all? Thoughts are welcome!

Hazel
    I think everyone website service has it's lifespan. The web elite like to compare websites to the party theory. Whereas to say, every website is a house where there is a party going on; once the hosts stop innovating people begin to slowly leave and the party dies. Remember when AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) was popular? Until 2005 and 2006 when most of the users left AIM for Facebook and Myspace. Then Myspace stopped innovating and Facebook took the user share. Sooner or later if you don't make the party interesting people will leave. Yahoo! and Ebay are experts are keeping their parties interesting and although people are leaving their parties everyday being around since 1994/1995 in my opinion is still impressive. Can a website make it to the 20 year mark? Sure! But you'll have to be "killing it" weekly,monthly,and yearly to stay alive.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaiRow View Post
    Chatting vs. email and forum posting is much different because one is an ongoing process and the other is one text of everything that you want to say. An email or post is something that you can do and get completed. A chat can end up taking much more time and focus. We are in a time where everything is about multi-tasking and chatting prohibits that in many ways. If you are facebook chatting, especially, most people do not go on to chat but surf around, and that puts a damper on it. I don't know if you have necessarily "grown out of" chatting or just gotten sick of taking that much time out of your day when there are faster ways to do it.
    I think that this is ultimately what puts me off, the time factor - you can end up chatting for long periods of time, usually about things that are just "by the way comments", as I said before there is more substance in an email or on a forum for me nowadays. Much of this is lost in an IM environment and I guess I quite simply don't have the same to sit still at the computer anymore, well.....unless it's work related that is! (or catching up with SP)