SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Please review Lucky Orange - Real Time Analytics

Would you please give me some "productive" feedback on http://www.luckyorange.com

I just launched it last month. It's a tool that can show you who is on your website right now and let's you interact in neat ways such as live chat, or spying on every mouse movement.

Specifically, can you tell me:

- if you would use it
    - if it is clear what it does
    - how you would recommend promoting it better
    - anything else you want to say

Thanks!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a heavy user of Clicky for my real-time analytics, so i'm thinking in terms of what would make me switch to this service.

-It looks amazing, like something I would want to try out
    -I think the live chat software, couple with the mouse movement, is really innovative(if not a little creepy). I would try it out to see if it helped me help my customers.
    -You should change the text under the "Real Time Source Tracking" subheading. It is an exact duplicate of "Visitors Online Counter".
    -On that note, change "Visitors Online Counter" to "Online Visitor Counter"
    -The "Spy" feature allows me to click on links. If i'm spying, I shouldn't be able to interact with the page, only watch.
    -Your pricing page, the last step between you and riches, needs to be ramped up. Currently there is only a an unordered list of bullet points. Take a look at typical web 2.0 pricing pages and model after them.
    -Live chat is awesome...it works really well. The small bug as that while the chat is launching, there is a broken image icon. Try hiding the image until the operator's image is loaded.

Overall, I think you have a winner. I wouldn't personally switch from Clicky(as they've been around for so long). But if I didn't already use it, I would give your site a try.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikeonrails: Thanks for the good advice. I'll make most of those changes...

My real question becomes... as good as you say it is and something you would want to try, you wouldn't switch from Clicky.

How can I get you (and others) to do that... though, I don't really need you to switch, I think you can use both?

Also, do you think that the features and competitors should move to the signup page?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is too much overlap between the sites to pay for both(for me). I would be more inclined to try ClickEgg and Olark for my mouse-tracking and Live Chatting needs(so I could add/cancel one service without affecting the others). This doesn't have much to do with your site, but just a testament to people's unwillingness to change what's working for them. If I was using Google Analytics and came across your site, I would sign up for the 2-week trial because it is a big improvement over waiting 24 hours.

Features and competitors is fine where it is.

Also, I recommend adding the limits of traffic that your app will support will support. For example, will it do constant tracking of 100 simultaneous visitors to no limit? If I have a 200,000 unique views/ month site, I'd be concerned that I might get shut down due to my traffic if your app is tracking the visitors 24/7.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design of your website it is professional. But: In the footer there is to much white space, you should choose a light gray color. Now regarding the slider, if i want to go forward, i can't see the arrow from the left side of the slider when i am in the second, third and fourth slide, try to use a darker color for the slides, something like black, or dark gray and I want to ask you why do you have a price/moth for this, you should put a lifetime price or remove the price, because this looks very much like histats

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any other reviews?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a very professional site. Overall it's looks like everything is easy to understand. The one thing that get is why you call yourself lucky orange, but don't use any orange on the webpages.

Meryl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooh.... I LOVE the look of the home page ... its so Orange!

seriously it looks great!

The production values of the video are excellent. My only criticism there is the picture quality - the screen is too blurry to read any text. I fullscreened it but still too blurry.

While I dont think this detracts too much from the core message, (and I assume this was a necessity for transfer speed), I would like to have seen the 'focus' of the mouse zoomed in a bit so that the text was readable.

Its a funny thing text, we are so used to seeing it that we automatically attempt to read. Like a reflex. When it remains blurry it feels kinda uncomfortable.

anyhoo enough on that. The video was impressive in all other respects.

Features and competitors is a killer page. All the info is there and its an excellent source of information for people considering buying the product,. Bravo

Pricing and signup - eek! I cant read the text. My screen is 24" at 1080. The text on the rh side is too small!! Can hardly see it (maybe Im just getting old?)

Wordpress plugin, yep. Contact, yep. All good.

Nice site. I really like it. A lot

Web Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Crickey,s

The site looks well thought out. It looks like you're on your way to launching a good service. I do have a bit of feedback specific to some of the pages.

http://www.luckyorange.com/features.php

This is your main selling page. However, nothing is jumping out at me about your service. I would suggest putting your column in a different color (orange) to get it to stand out from the other competitors. I would also suggest highlighting your product first, not in the last column.

Your main page has features highlighted better than the Features page. People like visuals, I would suggest adding more photos or examples of what those features are and why they'll benefit the user.

Reading a bullet features list isn't an incentive to buy. Your call to action link need to stand out more - perhaps a large button on the homepage like Live Demo.

Signup page:
    http://www.luckyorange.com/signup.php
    You have some great text copy on the left but then Blogger and Wordpress. Perhaps I don't use those - maybe just have a nice large Signup button or Order Now. If I don't have Wordpress or Blogger those two don't mean anything to mean so you're loosing conversions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The immediate impression is important. The very first thought for many people will be "Is this as good as Google Analytics?". Given that its "on steroids", it should be all of Google Analytics features and a load more. If it is that, then say so. You will need to get over the users scepticism because Google Analytics is free and has a lot of features, so tell people immediately why Lucky Orange is better. If it is not a replacement for Google Analytics, then tell people that it is the perfect partner to Google Analytics (if it is of course!).
    Simply gorgeous: Zoom | Magnify | Enlarge | Slideshow

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From visitor point of you, your website looks very professional and amazing.

SitePoint Zealot Dandandandaman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a view from somebody very new to the industry

The image at the bottom with zoomed in elments really explains what you offer and looks very professional.

I am not that advanced in the industry but do feel it would be a very useful tool.

I know there is a free trial but what about a free version that maybe only gives you one of the functions to tempt people to buy the full package

Like the orange background works well with the rest of the colour scheme and with the video sat on top (or the image - see below)

Dislike

I wouldn't have the video as the first item I would have the image below as the main thing as this better explains what you are selling maybe have the video smaller at the side or underneath. I pretty much never view video unless that is what I have come to a site for as either I am at work or listening to music so don't want the noise. If it is not viewed then it is really a waste of space, so for me it is a risk.

The demo could do with real time subtitles explaing what is happening and maybe a pointer showing what the subtitles are referring to. I assume the demo has a voiceover but as above I hardly ever have the sound on, either I can't or won't

dislike the orange background on those pages where there is no large image over the top, the sign up and pricing page is just too much. i think it would be better if you overlayed somethign on top for every page and just had it as a background showing at the sides.

Anyway I am no expert but they are just my gut feeling when I first went on to the site. Hope it helps

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the site and will use it.
    Watching mouse movements in real time was the key feature for me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Based on feedback, I've revamped the site with a new layout. Would you please give some more feedback based on the new design? Thanks!

http://www.luckyorange.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really dont like the new orange fade. The sunburst design you had originally I thought looked a lot better. Its tooorange now.

Live demo is cool.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of this. But who else will see this information when visiting my site? Showing IP's to the public like this is not the smartest thing to do IMO. Wouldn't this slow my page load as well?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody sees the visitor data but you. The demo just lets you in without a password, but if you have it on your site it is password protected.

Also, this doesn't slow your page load because it is a script that loads Asynchronously... so, it lets your page load without waiting for it to load. Even if our servers die, your page still loads.

Also, the tracking is handled on OUR servers.