SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be buying a new digital camera tommorrow, but can't decide on what make and model to get. My budget stops at $370 (250) and I need something that gives cracking quality, and looks good. One of the makes and models I am looking at is the Epson PhotoPC 650, but if I can't get this model where I am buying, I will use any suggestions you make to influence my final decision.

Thanks for any help.

------------------
    Methven Online - The Original Methven
    Subtle Measures - Celtic Rock in the Heart of Scotland
    SaltireDigital - Scotland's Internet Radio Station

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recommendations about digital cameras are like recommending your favorite web host - no one agrees!

Determining your needs for the digital camera would be your first step...

I'm not familiar with the Epson model, but most of the digital cameras in the $300 range have similar features, so you will want to get the one that has the highest resolution and ease of transferring the data from the camera to your computer is crucial.

Realize that the quality of the image that your client views or is uploaded to your website will be dependent upon the resolution of the digital camera that you choose - the greater the resolution, the better the image and that means that you may have to pay the higher price.

* You will of course be reducing to 72res for the web, but you need the highest res for your original image in order for a quality edit.

But you can cut $100, $200 and more by smart shopping at online/brick & mortar electronic stores - so you most likely will get a higher priced, better model at the lower price that you want...

Although the Epson models are not listed, check out Imaging-Resources - which I use often for referrals - it has a feature page which shows the retail price/details/images and you can compare these various brands against the "Epson PhotoPC 650" that you are interested in.....which will help you to find the best digital camera for your needs!

p.s. I am biased towards Kodak and use the DC290 for professional use, but I was able to save $300 by shopping around.

------------------
    Dlynn ~SitePoint Moderator~
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Let's keep Ethics on the Web"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I have to say is that you should probably steer clear of Polaroid on this one. Big brand names are usually a safe bet, but I've heard bad things about their digital cameras.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make a trip to Andorra. Everything is there without any taxes. And there's lots of concurrention so it's cheeeeeeeeeeep!!!

I saw Cell phones of Nokia for about 10$ THE REAL THING!!

Andorra is a long trip from over England, but if you want to buy some other things too it really is cheaper.

Christophe

------------------
    Freesources.net - the ultimate webmaster resources site
    WebmasterCJ design - opening new worlds for small prices