User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberianHuskey View Post
    It is very nice, it does represent a video game company. It is clean, clear and gets your message across and the type of projects you are or have worked on.
    You are right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, However I think the text on the right could use some work. Maybe thats just me though. Hard to tell.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

- the overall branding and design.
    I really like your website design and I like the logo. I like how clear the layout is.

- what feelings invokes to you as you see this website?
    - the color scheme.
    The colour scheme and the use of trees make me think autumnal, mother nature.
    If at first you don't succeed... buy it from someone else
    Life's to short to be wasting time trying again and again!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking very good.
    And very greative.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background and top part are good. I think you need to work more on your layout. It looks little bit spoffish.I suggest you to redesign it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job on the design! Here's what I liked:

The overall design reminds me of nature and the outdoors, and it reflects the type of game that you have created. You have scenes where the character walks in the woods, leaves and an illustration of trees in the background. It shows that you spent a lot of time on the design.

The game that you're creating is unique, so your design doesn't necessarily have to follow the standard video game design. If you visit websites like Bethesda and Bungie, the designs are plain with a few gradient colors used, because their main emphasis is to highlight the games.

The logo looks great. It gives people an idea of what types of games you will create, and the triangular shape is easy to remember.

I have a suggestion for the preview image for your games. If you can use Flash or another way to animate images, I would create a slideshow (3 different images) that shows the actual gameplay.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I really like the design. My only suggestions would be this:

1: As others have said, the navigation could be adjusted slightly. Spread it out a little bit more while still using spacing to emphasize the logo. It doesn't have to go all the way over to the logo, but giving it another 10px between each icon would be good. I would also make the font slightly larger and more easily readable. It has a cutesy look to it now, but functionality shouldn't be lost.

2: I would do away with the odd font you have (assuming it is odd) in those places you have your less important text. For example, below "See our latest posts", if it's a standard font, do away with the boldness of it. I think everything on the page looks bold so I would do away with that. Only make those things you want to stand out bold.

Overall, great job. I also agree with whoever above said that it doesn't really feel like a gaming website. I think the issue is a lack of a call to action. "Our Games" might be clear enough, but perhaps set it apart from "Recent Posts" somehow?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all!
    @deffvaltez: I'm thinking is a good idea to put a slideshow in the preview...I still need to learn how to do it in drupal...but I think the movement of that part is good to call more attention.
    @phpgator: I think more or less what you've said is what I worked in the second design. Look at the online site:
    antennariagames.com
    Still need to work the navigation a bit (bigger may be?)

@danjoh3 and @wanderer89: other people suggested the same. Still trying to catch what to improve...

@technowonder, @designer4y thanks for your comments!
    Last edited by Mittineague; Mar 1, 2014 at 03:52. Reason: removing unnecessary link