SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cropping in photoshop

I know it's the best but I hate photoshop it's so confusing...how do you take some text...and then automatically cause photoshop to reduce the canvas size to match the text? (I'm using 6.0)...I saw that in several other packages...

Also, that magic lasso tool...I'm trying to get something selected but it gives me too much selected...how do I remove some of it..(I saw someone do it once, with a - or something but I can't get it to work).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slect the text by control-clicking on the layer that holds the text. Then select crop in the image menu.

The magic wand has a sensitivity setting in the options floating menu. The default number (32) is too high for most uses.

Using your unpaid time to add free content to SitePoint Pty Ltd's portfolio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... majic selection thing

Hi

I didn't quite get what you were on about with the text and cropping - but for the majik selection tool thingy - once you have made your selection and realised that it is to large/small - you can use the "shift" and "alt" keys to either add or remove pieces of your selection. I can't remember which is which - but the cursor will change to eith a "+" or "-" sign and obviously it either adds or subtracts.

One last thing - You need to keep the "shift" and "alt" keys pressed when making your selection alterations

Hope that helps

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys..I'll try it!