SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When registering domains for clients, what is the preferred way of handling the contact info? I assume that the client should be the registrant (owner), but what of the other contacts?

Should the webmaster (who maintains the site and decides where it should be hosted) be listed as the technical contact?

I have two different clients that I listed as registrant, admin, billing, and tech... and I had registered them via NetSol (I know, never again, but that is a different thread ) and now that I want to switch hosts for them, I know it is going to be painful. I am going to have to get them involved and they are both computer/web incompetant!

Just wondering how I should set it up in the future so that I can best make moves in the interest of my clients.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I always set up the following contact info:

Owner: Client
    Tech: Me
    Admin: Me
    Billing: Client

That way, I am authorised to make changes to DNS settings etc, the client is happy because they are the ultimate owner, and I will not get any bills. If I am actually charging the client for their domain (ie they pay me not NetSol) then I am also the Billing Contact.

Hope that helps!