SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Netscape 6 support offsetLeft and offsetTop attributes????

Does NS 6 support offsetLeft and offsetTop attributes??

If only IE supports these, what's the alternative attribute for Netscape 6?

Thanks...

GregC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this might help

or maybe even this

how bout searching he web
    RTFM?!
    Spartan
    ---------------------
    It's like our sergeant told us before one trip into the jungle. Men! Fifty of you are leaving on a mission. Twenty-five of you ain't coming back.
    -Mr.Payne

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had searched the web before I had posted this, but it seems that different sites have different answers.

Just a thing I noticed is when I use offsetLeft or offsetTop attributes though, for example is that it works perfect in IE but not in Netscape.

It's a huge bummer that I left my Pure JavaScript book at my other house!!!

The doctor is in... silver trophy MarcusJT's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or here.
    MarcusJT
    - former ASP web developer / former SPF "ASP Guru"
    - *very* old blog with some useful ASP code

- Please think, Google, and search these forums before posting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by spartan
    how bout searching he web
    RTFM?!
    There is surely not one piece of technical information on this forum that cannot be found somewhere on the web or in a book/manual.

Imho, telling people to go find it there instead (especially in that manner) kinda misses the point of this forum. (i.e. sharing technical knowledge.)

Of course, there are a lot of simple*, repetitive questions here (popups, designing 'fluid' pages, ...), but surely it's better to answer them in the spirit of the forum or not at all.
    (* simple to those who already know)

Just a thought
    New Plastic Arts: Visual Communication | DesignateOnline

Mate went to NY and all he got me was this lousy signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, personaly I feel that this is any webdevelopers most important tool...

And by looking for answers to your questions yourself, you learn so much more than just asking someone who might know the answer... only because he already did exactly that.... looked for the answer.

Thats why I would rather give someone a tut or article to read instead of highlighting the exact line where he might find the exact answer to his question.

Lets say Pete rocks up in the forums... askes how to open a window in javascript... instead of telling him how to do that... give him a tutorial on window manipulation using JavaScript... cause my bet is, that if you just said, "there, this is how you do it" then Pete is going to be back 5 minutes later saying "OK, great but how do I change the size of the window"... someting that would also have been in that self same javascript tut...

There is surely not one piece of technical information on this forum that cannot be found somewhere on the web or in a book/manual.
    Your're absolutely right Bill! thats is exacly the point! both my own and M@rcos links where the result of typing the original question straight into Google and hitting enter! easy as that...

Sure you could keep answering the same question over and over, but instead I try to convince people that a helluva lot of the answers they'er looking for is just a google search away, and in a lot of instances, its much faster to. not to mention RTM

and if you do get stuck, or you want to talk about a specific issue, or just have a discussion... then Hell yeah... post it in the forums! everybody here is happy to talk about stuff and give they're opinions and help out as much as they possibly can...

just my thought
    Spartan
    ---------------------
    It's like our sergeant told us before one trip into the jungle. Men! Fifty of you are leaving on a mission. Twenty-five of you ain't coming back.
    -Mr.Payne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Bill, in the spirit of the forum, I will highlight the exact line containing the answer to the original question as found in the first link I posted... as it pertains to Gregc's second post...

Just a thing I noticed is when I use offsetLeft or offsetTop attributes though, for example is that it works perfect in IE but not in Netscape.
    The Behavior Change
    In Netscape 6.0, the DOMobject.offsetLeft and DOMobject.offsetTop properties stored values different from those found in Internet Explorer.

...and it then goes on to explain the difference
    Spartan
    ---------------------
    -Mr.Payne