SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWT what is your point? That math to work need a god? That god created math? What?
    Are you gonna answer my question, or what? I'm asking you for proof that math is true. And all you can give me is more math! Don't you see something wrong with that?

My point is this: math works because it is based in a Universal Law. A law called logic. Logic and math are basically the same thing in many ways. Why does logic work? Please, tell me.

Not that I don't know the answer already. Your inevitable answer is "it just does." Eventually, when you get down to it, S7even, pretty much everything you believe comes down to "it works that way just because it does." Unless those laws...the laws of logic and math...are rooted in a REAL truth...not a subjective one.

The way people 3 thousand years ago couldn’t explain the phenomenon of eclipses, today we are still unable to give the exact details of how phenomena like love happen. Maybe that will be explained also in the next decades or centuries. Don’t give metaphysical explanations just because some things can not be explained by science yet.
    Speaking of love, you seem to be in love with the analogy of cavemen viewing lightening as God.

But it's not holding water, I'm afraid. MAYBE it will be explained...and maybe not. Maybe it cannot be explained. Each day that goes by without any discovered explanation, however, adds to the evidence that maybe it CANNOT be explained, and is therefore the result of something beyond us.

I think the point on love is a good one: how old are you? Do you have a wife? If you do, does she know you think your love for her is nothing more than chemicals? Do you plan to tell this to your eventual wife, if you're not married now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As S7even said, if you take one apple and add another apple, you have two apples. 1 + 1 = 2. There's the proof. It's a simple experiment that everyone can do, and only the cognitively impaired would disagree. Numbers are a human construct, the number seven doesn't exist in nature, even though seven objects can. Sometimes I consider numbers to be quite like adjectives, like 'yellow apples', 'seven apples' etc. It works that way because we thought them up that way - we call this many "one", we call this many "two", so naturally 1 + 1 = 2.
    I really don't get your point about needing God to ultimately prove the truth of it. It's like saying you need God to ultimately prove that yellow apples are yellow.

Edited to add:
    "Your inevitable answer is "it just does." " - TWT

Funny you cannot seem to accept "it just does".
    Because ultimately religion's only answer when someone asks "who created God" is "No-one, he just exists."
    It's the pot calling the kettle black.
    Last edited by Polymath; Sep 13, 2002 at 08:11.

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Polymath
    As S7even said, if you take one apple and add another apple, you have two apples. 1 + 1 = 2. There's the proof. It's a simple experiment that everyone can do, and only the cognitively impaired would disagree. Numbers are a human construct, the number seven doesn't exist in nature, even though seven objects can. Sometimes I consider numbers to be quite like adjectives, like 'yellow apples', 'seven apples' etc. It works that way because we thought them up that way - we call this many "one", we call this many "two", so naturally 1 + 1 = 2.
    But you just proved it... when you have 2 apples, that's proof. Right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're missing the point. "One" and "two" are only labels. So what you're really saying is "this is what we call two BECAUSE that's what we've chosen to call it." But how is that proof that mathematics actually works? You're just NAMING things. And if mathematics do not have an inherent truth in them...if it's just a labeling system, why on earth would you claim it as true?

Funny you cannot seem to accept "it just does".
    Funny that you cannot seem to read my posts properly. I said I DO accept that it just does...but because I believe math is rooted in an ultimate truth. I believe that it's a universal law created by God.

You, on the other hand, appear to believe in a universal law that exists and works on a highly complex level for no apparent reason at all. You claim it to be true, without stopping to consider what ACTUAL truth requires. And if you don't believe that mathematics and logic are anything beyond labeling systems, why do you rely so heavily on them?

Because ultimately religion's only answer when someone asks "who created God" is "No-one, he just exists."
    It's the pot calling the kettle black.
    You're clearly not paying attention. I never said there was anything wrong with "it just is" -- unless you don't believe it because it's rooted in an undeniable truth. You claim things as true when you really have nothing but subjectivity. I claim things are a certain way because we have an objective ruler: God.

Without an objective ruler, everything your saying becomes meaningingless...the entire world is opinion and nothing more. No truth.

But you just proved it... when you have 2 apples, that's proof. Right?
    Asking why math works and getting more math is not an answer. All you've proved is that we have a label for that particular situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a simple question, people: if mathematics is the language of the universe...if it's undeniably true (which I believe it is...just want to drive that point home for those of you who do NOT seem to get it), then do one simple thing:

PROVE IT. And if you have to EVENTUALLY fall back on "it just is" without any inherent truth upon questioning, you haven't proved it.

lost, If you find me please return me to St.Louis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an atheist, I don't believe in god, heaven, or hell.

I believe when you die you simply cease to exist & it's hard, if not impossible, for humans to understand that. The problem is people think things like what does nothingness feel, look, or smell like & there is no answer.

I believe that humans made the idea of god to not feel so alone. Remeber this, we're now looking into traveling into space furthere. We're thinking about manned missions to mars. Now in considering this there is one issue being looked at. How do you travel so far from everyone else without going insane?

People need people & need to interact. Currently in space missions to the space stations they've even said that the astronauts are kept busy to keep them doing something since being so far away from everyone & not having anything to do for prolonged periods of time could drive someone insane.

In the past people used "gods" to explain things that thay could not understand:
    Picture this, you go back in time 2000 years. Now you can take one thing with you. Let's say you take an FA-18 Superhornet fully loaded with laser guided bombs. Now, "they" would call you a god if you just got in and flew the thing. Now lets say you want to help these people with their war. Now you jump in your jet and go drop a few bombs & knock out their enamies whole city. You would be called a god that could rain thunder and punish those who do not do what you want. Today you'd be called a military pilot, something you could want to be as a kid when you grow up. Not a god.

The same applies to actual history. Way back when... a long time ago, people belived that a "god" would ride his charriot of fire accross the sky to bring day, at the end of this day you would have to make a sacrafice to please this god or he may not return & night would be forever & the earth would grow cold & life would die.

So here's a question for you, do you believe in the god Apollo? Or do you think that's just the sun? Do you kill something daily to make the sun come back?

I read one post where someone said that someone cancer went away after their church prayed for this person. My qustion is how do you know this would not have happened if they didn't pray? I've got a friend who is just finishing up chemo & radiation, he's in full remission & the cancer is gone. The oncologist was not sure for a long time that they diagnosed the cancer correctly because the cancer he had in his spine was a type usually found in younger people ages 12-18 I think and he's over 21. Now he's not a big believer in god & doesn't go to church & if anyone was praying for him it was his mom & close family. I think he got better because of science not god. Chemo & radiation helped him, not god. Without chemo & radiation would god have saved him? I think not.

When I get hurt or something bad happens I may blab things out to "god" (among other things ) but it's just to say it, not because I think anyone/thing hears me.

I think the bible is a good book & has great values to live by, but it's just that.... a book.
    You smell something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of what you said is true, whofarted, but that doesn't make any difference. The fact that people made up Gods and believed in God for the WRONG reasons 2,000 years ago means nothing to the debate today.

Let me ask you this: if God doesn't exist, and therefore right and wrong don't exist, and there is no meaning to life, why did you bother to write that post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    Most of what you said is true, whofarted, but that doesn't make any difference. The fact that people made up Gods and believed in God for the WRONG reasons 2,000 years ago means nothing to the debate today.

Let me ask you this: if God doesn't exist, and therefore right and wrong don't exist, and there is no meaning to life, why did you bother to write that post?
    I was bored & am using my laptop until my new parts for my pc get here since GOD fried my pc. You think if I pray he'll fix it?

LMAO Actually, I never said right & wrong don't exist. Just not god.

BTW- I just love the thoughts of all these people who like to end thier post with something about all athiests are going to be sorry when they die stuff. It's like threatening us with nothing. "You don't belive in god or hell?!!! When you die gods gonna send you to hell forever."

I wouldn't want to meet this "god" anyway. What kind of friend threatens you with hell, and slavery in a firey pit forever just for not believing something? - But he loves us right?
    You smell something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian <---- Has Faith: Their faith is held in the belief that God sent his Son to die on a cross for the sins of man, he was then resurrected on the 3rd day where he now sits on the right hand side of God.

Atheist <---- Has Faith: Their faith is in that there is no God, that when you die, that's it.

Both have a faith, the question is which has the greatest probability in being true??? That is the question? And it demands much thought, time, and effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I never said right & wrong don't exist. Just not god.
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but absolute right and wrong cannot exist without some sort of God. Otherwise, morals become subjective.

I wouldn't want to meet this "god" anyway. What kind of friend threatens you with hell, and slavery in a firey pit forever just for not believing something? - But he loves us right?
    Who said he threated us with anything?

You're thinking of Hell as a literal lake of fire that God throws us into. Well, in my opinion, it's not as if He throws us down a chute when we die. As far as I'm concerned, "Hell" is just the name for living through eternity without God. I don't think He "sends" us there at all.

I don't see it as God throwing us off a cliff, basically. I see it as us dangling off the edge, free to take His hand and be pulled to safety, or let ourselves eventually fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey commish, what if there is actually a god and god is mightily PO'd cuz you are believing in the wrong one, there are hundreds if not thousands of different religions, its pot luck that if you do believe in a religion, yours will be the one that lets you in heaven
    In a world where the human mind
    can be programmed like a computer,
    at what point does the human soul end
    and the cybernetic machinery begin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Gryff
    hey commish, what if there is actually a god and god is mightily PO'd cuz you are believing in the wrong one, there are hundreds if not thousands of different religions, its pot luck that if you do believe in a religion, yours will be the one that lets you in heaven
    To that I would say a few things:

1 - Many religions do not necessarily conflict as to their belief in God. I believe in a basically (in many ways) the same God as the Jews do...and "Allah," if I remember correctly, just means "The God" anyway. The major religions don't necessarily differ as to their view of God, so much as how they should please Him.

2 - I think that God is good, and that if I have some of the details wrong (I'm SURE I have some of the details wrong), it won't matter in the end. If God is so demanding so that you can follow His basic will to the best of your beliefs, ability, and knowledge, and still be punished, well, then we're probably all screwed anyway.

3 - It's not "luck" at all. I think we can all agree that certain religions make a bit more sense than others. It's all about figuring out which makes the most sense.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - Many religions do not necessarily conflict as to their belief in God. I believe in a basically (in many ways) the same God as the Jews do...and "Allah," if I remember correctly, just means "The God" anyway. The major religions don't necessarily differ as to their view of God, so much as how they should please Him.
    Some major religions believe there are several gods, which seems a pretty major difference to me. Surely the fact that some religions believe you go to heaven and others believe you are reincarnated would be considered a conflict, they can't both be right.

3 - It's not "luck" at all. I think we can all agree that certain religions make a bit more sense than others. It's all about figuring out which makes the most sense.
    All religions without exception have areas that either make no sense or preach values that any decent person would think unacceptable, the idea of a religion making sense is an oxymoron.

Originally posted by Golgotha

Atheist <---- Has Faith: Their faith is in that there is no God, that when you die, that's it.
    Believing there is no god is not faith it is just a lack of evidence, the same can be said for "that when you die, that's it", if someone doesn't believe in a god due to lack of proof, then the same could be said for an eternal soul, when you die the chemical reactions and electric pulses that run your body cease thus you cease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to be the one to tell you, but absolute right and wrong cannot exist without some sort of God. Otherwise, morals become subjective.
    Oh so if we don't believe in god we don't know killing someone just to do it is right or wrong?

I guess I can kill someone then & in court just say "I don't believe in god so I don't know right from wrong." & they can't do anything to me because I didn't understand the what I was doing as wrong, right?

Just because I don't believe in god doesn't mean I'm immoral. & in my openion you've just judged me and any other athiest. What was that I once heard? Something about judge not lest yee be...... I don't remember.

BTW - For an answer to your math problem from earlier.

1 + 1 = 2 Why?
    Man decided we needed a way to compute or count things to convey to eachother amounts of something. A history tidbit for you.
    Logical foundations give mathematics more than just certainty-they are a tool to investigate the unknown.
    It's not a question of believeing in math, it's weather you understand and choose to use it. I don't believe in god but I still use the calander. Why? because everyone else uses it to plan things for the future, have a timeline, & remember when things happened in the past. The current calander is based on after the death of a biblical charactor, now some say he died for our sins but what about the people who crashed the planes on Sept. 11? some of those people believe they did it in the name of their god so let me ask you this: do you believe god wanted that to happen? what if the people who do believe it was in the name of Allah wrote a book like the bible? Would you believe it then? Aren't they saying this is what god wanted & if you believe in god than you should believe this to?

We humans made this up for our use as we saw fit & we could understand it. Humans made math not god. Math is not about belief, it's about understanding how it works.

If you believe in god then 1 + 1 = 2
    If you don't believe in god then 1 + 1 = 2

See, it's still works.

If belief of god makes you a better person then why is it that some people who are supposidly VERY religous & believe firmly in god went and molested young children? I don't believe in god & i've never done anything near that bad. The path of god and following in his footsteps has this on the way? ( before you say it, i'm not saying everyone did this just that some of his "followers" did.)

Why can god forgive all your worldly sins just by asking, but if you were wrong about one thing like believing he would turn his back on you?

Why doesn't the church have to pay taxes? god can't afford them.

Why do people give money to the churches? does god not know how to manage his finances? Does he need a financial advisor?
    You smell something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a difference between man’s laws and God’s laws.

Man’s laws are subject to change. They can be changed by a vote or a consensus. It was once legal to own slaves, now it’s not.

God’s laws are not subject to change, they can’t be changed by a vote; they apply to all whether you like it or not. The law of gravity applies to you the same way it applies to the rock. Before man could fly, he had to learn what makes flight possible, what always makes flight possible. That air flowing over a airfoil produces lift. With out mans discovering this law, he could not achieve flight.

Is it more logical to believe in God or to not believe in God?

QUOTE>>Why do people give money to the churches? Does god not know how to manage his finances? Does he need a financial advisor?

Are you being silly? The money is not Gods, it goes to funding the church staff, they need to make a living too. It goes to helping inner city youth programs. It goes to missionaries, it goes to helping single family parents, it goes to helping a brother or sister who may have just lost there job; or maybe the cancer patient that can’t afford the treatment on there own. TRUST me the churches spend their money a lot smarter than most corporations do.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Sep 13, 2002 at 13:18.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I work for a large church, one of the most visible in the world, I think I can safely say I agree.

If you want stats on exact amounts that go to helping programs I can give it, but the reality is that most large churches are corporations. You don't have conferences with 10,000 people, run a university, bookstore, cafe, one of the best campgrounds in the country, etc without a large staff.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, of course I love. I know it doesn’t sound very romantic, but the truth is that we love with our brain. Personally I see nothing wrong with that. Our brain is who we are, and loving with it means that our whole self has this emotion. And while the initial “falling in love” with somebody usually involves some hormones it doesn’t stay like that. There is the attachment when you know somebody for long time, the memories, the trust etc etc. Many things, but all of them are in our brain, and not somewhere in the air.

The problem is that some people have some kind of megalomania: “What? We will cease to exist? No way. We will exist forever”, “What? Our love is just some ‘brain chemistry’? No way! My love is something so huge that is for sure something metaphysical”, “What? We are so small that there is no way to know the truth about many important things? No way! We know the truth. We are so smart, we are chosen, we are special and we are loved by something super natural that will take care of us for ever.” Come on people. Wake up. You and me are close to nothing, and what we do or say little matters outside of our little planet.

About math:
    So basically our difference is that we say “it works because it does” for something that we can test, something that every little detail of it can be proven, something we experience every day, while you say that it works because of something that we can not prove and can not test. Basically while our “because it does” explanation is undeniable, your explanation is not better than the “pink unicorn” explanation.

Morals ARE subjective.
    Sure, I believe that my morals are the correct ones, and you believe that yours are. And since we are of similar cultures those morals wouldn’t be much different. But if even in our very similar cultures (or even between people of the same culture) we might have differences. E.g is abortion ok or not? Or is the death penalty ok or not? If you go to different cultures you will see that these differences will be more. If you go back some hundreds or thousands years ago you will see that people had different morals back then.

Atheists are not immoral. I will dare to say that most of us are more moral than the theists. This is because while we use our own brains to judge and distinguish what is good and what it bad, many theists expect to get their morals from somewhere else. This can be dangerous, because “the word of god” can some times being interpreted in many ways, and some politicians or religious leaders can use the belief of theists in order to manipulate them. (Examples: The terrorists of 9/11 that though that what they did was the right thing and what their god wanted them to do. Or the American government that is trying to convince its people that god blessed America and that now they should go out and eliminate the “evil”). Atheists are moral because they choose to be and not because they are afraid that they will go to hell or expect rewords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Golgotha
    [...]QUOTE>>Why do people give money to the churches? Does god not know how to manage his finances? Does he need a financial advisor?

Are you being silly?[...]
    In short, Yes.

I'm simply stating the way I view a lot of this but i'm not getting in a panic about it. Come on, have a little fun.

Besides, god made me do it!
    You smell something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, I don't know where to begin? Most of what you say, is completely different than the way I see it. I'll see what I can do.

I'll start by saying, yes the brain is a wonderful tool that God gave you. It is truly amazing.

QUOTE>>
    .. and what we do or say little matters outside of our little planet.

Does that make it any less important? From the knowledge I have, seems like we have a very good planet.

I believe that the Atheists can be moral...or immoral. I believe the Christian can be moral...or immoral. I believe the Muslim can be moral...or immoral. You see the choice lies with the individual.

Finally, it seems that people keep bringing up irrelevant topics that have little or nothing to do with whether God exist or not. They don't bring us any closer to a conclusion. Whether we are moral or not has no bearing on the authenticity of the Bible. Whether some people misinterpret, either deliberately or unintentionally scripture means nothing to the authenticity of the Bible. What you must do is research, I won’t do it for you. If you were teaching a child how to open a door, you wouldn’t open the door for him and then describe at length how the door looked when it was open. No, you would teach him how to open the door so that he could open the door himself. Do the research. It’s not a question of 100% certainty, but more of which is most probable. I will say this, from my experience most people don't want to do the research. It's much easier to do nothing and just believe what we want.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Sep 13, 2002 at 16:09.

The short answer is yes... Herbster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our brain is who we are...
    S7even - LOL. You are free to believe that, but it is a belief as much as the belief in a Supreme Being. There is no science that proves we are our brains and any speculation about what science may discover in the distant future is, again, a matter of faith.

Someone said something about man's law and God's law.
    Organized religion is not necessarily God's law.
    Not too long ago, I would have been burned at the stake as a heritic. I don't feel obliged to accept the pronouncements of any organized religion. In fact, man's law as imposed via organized religion probably has more to do with secular distaste for all religions than any other factor.

neil100 says: "Surely the fact that some religions believe you go to heaven and others believe you are reincarnated would be considered a conflict, they can't both be right."

I could be wrong, but when you refer to those who believe we go to heaven are you referring to Christians? Again, that is a perversion of the religion introduced by men.

I wish I had a better reference, but this is the best I could come up with on short notice:
    "Early references to reincarnation in the New Testament were deleted in the 4th century by Emperor Constantine when Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire. Could it be that the emperor had felt that the concept of reincarnation was threatening to the stability of the empire? Citizens who believed that they would have another chance to live might be less obedient and law abiding than those who believed in a single Judgement Day for all?"

http://www.elevated.fsnet.co.uk/index-page14.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the brain is a wonderful tool that God gave you
    No God gave my brain. Its partly given by my parents and developed by myself (with external influences of course).

Does that make it any less important? From the knowledge I have, seems like we have a very good planet.
    It doesn’t make it less important. It just puts it in the right dimension. (because some people still talk like we are the center of the universe or something). About the “very good planet” is something that can take another 200 posts to debate.

I believe that the Atheists can be moral...or immoral. I believe the Christian can be moral...or immoral. I believe the Muslim can be moral...or immoral. You see the choice lies with the individual.
    With this I agree. All I said is that theists are a group of people that usually can be easier influenced by some religious leaders or politicians that use religion to manipulate them.

Finally, it seems that people keep bringing up irrelevant topics that have little or nothing to do with whether God exist or not. ... It's much easier to do nothing and just believe what we want.
    In my case religion was a required course (2-3 times a week) from the first year of elementary school until the last year of high school (12 years in total).

Herbster, I could also say “LOL” to your “supreme being” and your “experience” with it but I didn’t. Because the truth is that for me it sounds totally ridiculous.

What I say is not just a belief like your belief in your supreme being. If you want you can make an experiment. Since you consider your brain as just a switchboard and that you are sure that your death is not your end, you can be the perfect person to do such an experiment on. Cause some thrombosis in some of the blood vessels in your brain, so that you will forget 90% of the things you know and you will not be able to move at least half of your body. Then take some strong drugs including some of those that create hallucinations. Then we will see if you know who you are after that.

Also, have you ever heard of the term “clinically dead”? Do you know what that is? It is when your brain stops functioning. Guess why they call somebody that his brain doesn’t function as dead?

Anyways, this thread went too long. Nobody will change opinion. The atheists/agnostics can use their brains to think about it, the theists that can go read the bible or some other religious books, and all of us will reconfirm our opinions.

The short answer is yes... Herbster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herbster, I could also say “LOL” to your “supreme being” and your “experience” with it but I didn’t. Because the truth is that for me it sounds totally ridiculous.
    That's fine. This is a discussion. It's not my goal to convert anyone.
    Also, have you ever heard of the term “clinically dead”? Do you know what that is?
    You have not comprehendeded what I have written. I am not my body. My body is capable of surviving long after I'm gone. That is something I would not want.
    Then take some strong drugs including some of those that create hallucinations.
    Been there. Done that. We called it the 60's.
    Last edited by Herbster; Sep 13, 2002 at 18:23.

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Herbster

Been there. Done that. We called it the 60's.
    Yeah my dad lived through it.... He's got some funny stories, wait, a new thread idea!!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S7even,

No offence, but I get the feeling you haven't really thought this through, like you're just giving off the cuff answers. Someone can't exist after death just because we call them clinically dead?

I mean, how do I respond to that? Sure, I could pull up the studies that show that the "mind" keeps functioning after the brain is dead, but they are debatable. I could tell you that even people with 0 brainwaves have memories. I could point to documentaries of how areas that are dead in the brain still generate power and thus affect other areas.

That doesn't matter though. Because, obviously, since we call people clinically dead then they must be dead.

Nobody is trying to convince anyone, we're just trying to have a lucid argument, and talk of how silly people are, how "most theists are more immoral", etc doesn't help anyone.

Your posts are welcome, your opinions matter, I just wish they were formed in such a way that I could actually respond to them with something beyond a blank stare.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeremy, no offence but its not exactly my problem if you respond with a blank stare to my opinions.
    Maybe you responded like that because you haven’t read my posts about brain earlier in this thread. Obviously I can’t repeat everything in each post.

You want to know what you will be without a brain even if we agree that there is a sole?
    Guess what? You have already been in that stage for several days!!!! When you were 2 or 10 or 20 cells inside the body of your mother. So you and everyone should know how it will be when we loose our brain and stay only with our sole again, right?
    So, tell us .. what did you feel back then when you were 10 cells? What did you see? What where your thoughts? Where you happy? Did you pain? Did you love?
    Or you simply couldn’t have any of those things because your brain was not there and this “sole” didn’t give you anything more than an absolute blank?