SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Angry Strange STRANGE mysql upgrade problem, please help!!

    Ok guys, I got a weird one for ya, I hope one of you has possibly run into this before or has an idea.

    I have a website currently using a microsoft access .mdb file (ugh). Naturally, since this site has grown popular, I've decided to move it to mysql. I downloaded a tool, Access2Mysql from mysql.com to convert the data, and it went fine. I set up a new datasource on my winxp pro machine to test it, worked fine, everything worked fine. It was a pretty seamless upgrade.

    So I'm like, wow, this is great! I download Access2Mysql on the Win2k SP3 server and do the same thing (the .mdb files were identical) and import the data to a new mysql database. I create a new dsn just as before and attempt to load the page.

    It works at first, sort of, but I get an error in my recordset using the .Move method (this is all ASP). I refresh the page, and it says my form elements are invalid. I refresh again, and it tells me that Response.Cookies is not a collection. It does this accross every site on the server. Basically, it brings IIS to a screeching halt, forcing me to reboot (stopping/starting the service does nothing).

    The ASP on both servers are identical, and the database itself is identical. The only thing I have not tried is updating the mysql installation itself.

    Does anyone have any idea where to go from here? The versions of MyODBC are identical (i've updated to the newest versions). I'm kind of stumped

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    SitePoint Wizard Goof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some things to check:
    1) Make sure your recordset cursor type supports the Move() call.
    2) Make sure you're closing and clearing your ADO objects.
    3) If you think the problem is database related, try to import the data by downloading MyODBC, creating an ODBC DSN to your MySQL server on your local machine, load up Access and open a new project, choose to connect to a DSN, choose your MySQL DSN, then import the data from the mdb file (whew!). However, I'm guessing that it's something with the scripts and not with the data source.

    Hope that helps,
    Goof
    Nathan Rutman
    A slightly offbeat creative.

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply, I love sitepoint

    Anyway, I'm curious about your number 2). I have to admit my code is somewhat sloppy and I never close my objects. However, I'm just hesitant to think that is the problem since the exact same code and webserver are on my local machine where the site runs fine. I will try an ODBC connection to the remote mysql server through access at some point though, after upgrading my installation of mysql.

    Thanks again.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •