SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php proxy .. bossible ?

hi ..

is there any way for browse indirect or anonymity with php ?
    as proxy code ?!

thx..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup - have a look at Snoopy: http://snoopy.sourceforge.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm .. not bad but ... i need to give proxy and port .. this the problem !

i was thinking about something like CGIporxy !

coz on our company there are proxy server, and they track what i had visited in this day .. maybe they also will read this !

so i was thinking about php proxy as cgiproxy, i would like to use it, but cann`t run local .

any more idea plz !

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By passing firewalls and proxies Here's a few things to think about.

1. If you don't want your company to know what pages you're looking at, you need a proxy on the Internet which does all the browsing for you. You company only knows you're talking to that server.

2. As to actually reading what you're sending and receiving through you companies firewall/proxy you need the data to be encrypted. That means SSL basically. So here's a question on that point: can you login to hotmail (or anywhere else where the URL is https) from work?

If the answer to question 2 is yes, you want a proxy somewhere on the Internet that you connect to with https (SSL) from your browser. After that, you're safe.

If the answer to 2 is no, they you need to find a port number you can escape your companies security with. In general, anything above port number 1024 may get you there.

In the later case, you need to use PHP's socket functions to build a connection over the top of the company proxy to a remote web server, acting as your proxy.

Accessing the Internet is then;

1. Use your browser to connect to your local web server (http://localhost).

2. Your local web server connects to your server on the Internet using the socket you built with PHP

3. The remote server does the surfing for you.

Having said all that, I've worked in network departments before and in general, everyone is too busy to read log files about what dodgy web sites employees are looking at. That depends a great deal on the company but basically, has your company recently made staff cut backs in the network department. If yes, they're probably not paying much attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by HarryF

Having said all that, I've worked in network departments before and in general, everyone is too busy to read log files about what dodgy web sites employees are looking at. That depends a great deal on the company but basically, has your company recently made staff cut backs in the network department. If yes, they're probably not paying much attention.

we have a person all what he do is tracking the user visited sites, and in the weekend give a report to the GM with dicy sites and by who , he have time to do that !

yes i can access hotmail, and access all the sites, but there are some sites is blocked by this &@#&* man

am surfing via 90.0.0.1:888 proxy , without no internet !

In the later case, you need to use PHP's socket functions to build a connection over the top of the company proxy to a remote web server, acting as your proxy.
    i know that, but i know nothing about sockets !

purple monkey dishwasher scoates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solution:

Browse p0rn on your own time.

S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don`t think that dudde !!

i don`t need the solution for this, but they have kinde of credit system, and as i know i get -1 each time i seek for programing solution on the net !

another thing it`s troublesome that always someone spies on me , sux feeling !

btw .. the sex-view, ultrablue, .. etc .. still running, who need net p0rn

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don`t need the solution for this, but they have kinde of credit system, and as i know i get -1 each time i seek for programing solution on the net !
    Where are you working?!? As a programmer you need all the references you can get, to save you from reinventing the wheel. If it takes you 5 days to build something from scratch when you could have taken five minutes to download a ready to roll piece of code, that needs some customisation, you'd be insane to write it yourself.

Do you get minus marks for bringing a book about programming into the office?

I suggest you either look for a new job or flip out in the next meeting with the management - it's beyond pathetic to penalise you for getting information online.

another thing it`s troublesome that always someone spies on me , sux feeling !
    Absolutely. I also suggest you find out what your rights are and start using them. Demand a copy of the report this guy is giving your managers. Put the pressure on them, arguing if they have an issue that you are not using your time at work for work, to raise the matter formally. State that the web sites you visit at work are purely for work related issues, either to solve a specific problem and make you more productive, to to expand your general knowledge of IT, and make you a more valuable team member.

we have a person all what he do is tracking the user visited sites
    For me that means leave. Any company with that approach is living in the 19nth centuary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ur right with every thing u said !

but no company will be for me as they do here , i had talk with gm yasterday ... i think he right also with every thing, this is department of big compnay, there are some secrets, am working also in another department digital video and media, now there are idea about project, we got equipments to do this idea, the cost of this equipments as found on the net more than 200.000$ , and it company secret this equipments mark and services !

by another way they don`t trusts any1 here !

but i found the way for the proxy

thx alot ..

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now make sure the spy guy isn't noticing all this traffic to your proxy's URL...

At a previous workplace, one of my coworkers was always looking over our shoulders, checking the proxy's logs, and I suppose checking IE's History when we were all out for lunch. He had the 'advantage' of using the only computer whose screen faced the wall and not the other coworkers.
    After that guy left, I checked his computer's IE History and found out he actually surfed more out of work related websites in a day than I did in a week
    Gah, how I despise that kind of persons. It's sad that there's a guy in your company who is paid to do such a low job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well he cann`t now check it

i had put cgiproxy on my host in auth area

and the prev. post was from home