SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi-Question (sliding buttons/action script)

How can actionscript move objects? Also, does anyone know of a good ActionScript tutorial? I don't mean one like FlashKit's, all they have are examples of how to make certain ActionScript effects. What I am trying to do with this is create a button with 3 parts:

First is the Email button, when the person clicks on it, a mailto:kevlar@gamebox.net and an "x" slide out from beneath the "email button. If the person clicks on the mailto button, a mail prompt will open. If he clicks on the "x" part, the mailto and "x" buttons will slide back under the "email" button. So, can anyone help?

------------------------------

I am trying to make a button for my signature:

First, i would make three buttons, the email 1, the mailto one, and the x one

then, i would create a new symbol movie clip and insert the two x and mailto buttons behind the email button, so they would be hidden by it

actually, id need 2 movie clips, one would have the 2 buttons slide out of the email thing (mouseover) and the other would ahve the thing slide under

then, i would make the final button: with the default email button on the first frame, onmouseover is the first slide out movie clip, on mouse out is the second slide in movie clip, and the mailto and x buttons would still keep their effect, correct?

So basically, would it be an email button, onmouse over 2 buttons (x and mailto) slide out of it and wait to be clicked. If the person clicks on the mailto, an email prompt will appear. If he clicks on the x, it will slide back in?

--------------------

Also, I need to make a "gateway" for my flash website. What I want it to look like is basically two door ways that have some text on them and a "loading..." animation of text. When the whole file loads, I need the doorways to open up (slide open). How can this be done?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the best way but it should work

Create a symbol movie clip, insert the text field in it. Animate the symbol as described inthe post i.e. from a mini text area expandin to a big one with a button to send the email. Make another symbol and reverse the symbol made above.
    With your mail button place action script on mouse event go to and play symbol 'name'
    On x button go to and play symbol 'name'.
    Names appear in the labels property.
    There is surely amuch faster way.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand what you said. Can you show an example? And what do you mean by "name"? Maybe you didn't understand, I want the group of images to slide out and still have their button attributes. Maybe if you can do an example for me to see?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already did, they replied to one of the questions three days later...