SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charts/Graphs with Flash

hi all, I want to make a stats page for people to view there stats on there banner Ads on our web site. I have had a look around and found some very sticking scripts that would bring the site down by 300% and more.

What I want to do is use Flash to pull data from a SQL/ACCESS DB and display it in a Chart/Graph from with flash.

Has anyone got any Links to doing these or sites with examples??

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but the principle would be exactly the same as the JavaScript graphs you see around. You use loadVariables in Flash to call an ASP/PHP/whatever page .... if it were ASP then the page you call might look like this (after you've connected to your dB and put the appropriate data into your variables of course):

Code:
    Response.Write "adname=" & objRS("adname") & "&count=" & objRS("count")
    You're basically just writing a querystring that Flash can then use. If your page is then called, say, stats.asp then your AS to pull this into Flash would be something like:

Code:
    loadVariablesNum ( "stats.asp", 0 );
    Now the variables 'adname' and 'count' are in Flash. Then you'd build little bar graphs and things out of individual elements in the same way that the SitePoint poll JS works. I'm not sure what the code would be but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard, though I only started getting into this about a week ago.

G

Ps -- this is worth a look to save you some of the headaches I had: http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=71132