SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To blog or not to blog

I was having problems with blogger for my personal site so I just added an iframe and made my own. Now that I've got it working and I'm adding new content, I realize that I haven't updated my blog. I'd rather write entire articles and such rather then tell the world what my dog likes to eat for dinner.

I realize that a lot of people are into blogging and that's ok. I just don't see what I can do with something like a blog and I feel somewhat pressured to say something (yeah, that sounds weird).

So I ask the community: blog or articles?
    Last edited by goma; Aug 8, 2002 at 05:35.
    http://www.soapbox101.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both.

I've been blogging happily for a couple of months now. It's a great format for shot news style items, tips and so forth but it sucks for writing anything big (although that's partly down to a bizzare bug with my host which prevents me from submitting more than 1000 characters at a time through a form). The next version of my blog will include a "features" section specifically for longer articles that don't fit so well in the standard blog - each article will have a unique URL within the features section.

Blogging isn't for everyone - if you don't find it rewarding there's no point in doing it, just set up a normal site and publish to that whenever you have something worth sticking online instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you preffer writting articles, and you think you can do them fairly consistantly then go with articles, but as skunk has said theres nothing stoping you from doing both!