SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic ASP sites in IIS7 takes 2 minutes for first load!

HELP! I have a windows 2008 R2 server with IIS7. I have over 120 websites. All websites were working smooth till now but 2 days ago i faced a serious issue with loading times.

i have 35 websites written in Classic ASP. 25 of them have VERY slow loading times!! It takes about 2 minutes for the first load only. Then they run fast. I do not know what happened! I did not do anything to webserver and i did not install any update these days.

Suddenly i received complaints by my customers. The strange thing is that it happens ONLY to 20 websites and all other runs ok (asp.net sites, php sites, plain html sites and some classic asp sites).

What i have tried so far:
    - restart webserver several times
    - restart services several times (iis worker, iis service, application pools, sql server, dns server)
    - restart a single (problematic) website on IIS

I even tried to write a single .asp file with less programming on to it and place it to root of a problematic site. It took 2 minutes to run an asp file with no code at all!!

I think that it has to do with application pool gets stuck for some reason on loading some asp sites, but i cannot find the reason!

Event viewer reports nothing suspicious!

PLEASE HELP!!!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't sound like an ASP problem per se.

try posting to an IIS group

http://forums.iis.net/

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a bit long, but pretty natural for the way IIS7 works -- basically everything is running through the ASP.NET pipeline and that is structured for slower warm-ups and such.

I haven't had much seat time with ASP.OLD on IIS but here are two things you might want to look at this tool.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to enable only script which is used example ASP 3.0 enable, disable ASP.net. Do you have connection with database?