SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Premiere Advanced Export Question

I have a question I hope someone here knows the answer to. I've got a short video clip I'm saving for the web. For some reason, when I use Premiere 6.0 and select the
    Export Timeline / Advanced Windows Media (or Advanced RealMedia Export) it doesn't include my transitions and the beginning or end of the video. Other methods of exporting work properly, but I like the features/quality output of the "advanced" mode. Any ideas?

I've uploaded an example. Here is the video clip with transitions as they should be: http://www.exiesuniverse.com/exiesVi...esGreeting.wmv

Here's the video clip saved using the Advanced Export feature, but it doesn't show the transitions at beginning/end:
    http://www.exiesuniverse.com/exiesVideo/exies2002.wmv

I know there's alot of discussion as to which media player is the best, and I plan on offering this in several players. Does anyone have an unbiased source as to which player is most commonly installed, best quality, etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if someone has private messaged you the things to check but here goes... in Premiere 6: Under Project Menu -> Project Settings -> Keyframe and Rendering section: check that the check boxes to ignore effects and the like are not checked. It seems that advanced win media export has no controls for that sort of thing (that I can see right away), so for that export it appears to be at the mercy of the main project settings. While the "regular" File->Export->Movie has settings windows that can override the project settings... Advanced Win Export seems to be choices of bandwidth.
    www.cynvision.com
    www.silverdreams.org

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Premiere Advanced Export Question

Originally posted by exiesUniverse
    I know there's alot of discussion as to which media player is the best, and I plan on offering this in several players. Does anyone have an unbiased source as to which player is most commonly installed, best quality, etc.
    While I like DIVX .avi for the quality vs. size issues, not a lot of people have a way to play it back installed. I've trended to using Real Player files, but have run into a snag where Adobe Premiere Advanced Real Player export saves the files as .rm and the people's computers over in the UK seem to be expecting .ram and can't open the file. Otherwise Real Player files are a nice size for dial up even if picture size is small and can get a bit blocky/mega pixeled at times.
    www.cynvision.com
    www.silverdreams.org