User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promoting a new Web Business

Hi,

I am a web designer full time. In addition to my usual work, I'm also working on devloping a web service for people who are trying to sell their own home without a broker. The product is essentially a website for your home, showcasing your home and community with photos you provide. You get unlimited photos, and unlimited site content and editing until sold.

I want to start locally and plan to put any proceeds from the initial sales back into the business. However, marketing has never been my strong point. How do I get the word out without running up too much cost? I made about 2000 quarter page fliers which I plan to scatter on windshields at railroad stations. That old trick. Not my preferred M.O., but I thought it worth a try.

Any suggestions? It's not too easy to directly target customers since it is a very niche market.

Thought some of you might know a thing or two.

cheers,
    jen

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a few thoughts:

Community Postboards:
    Normally posted near the mailboxes in housing communities. Good source of community information and also local flyers.

Mailers:
    We have not had a terrible response from mailers. A little postcard that is sent out with just enough information to drag them to their computers. Not exacly how much you want to spend so the smaller the better.

Smaller local newspapers:
    Here in town some of our smaller papers allow us to post free ads in the classifieds. Not the most effective, but it is exposure none the less.

Billboards:
    Pretty costly, but has been the best investment in local advertisement beside TV commercials.

Hope these help!
    Sites worth a look:
    Your Online Advertising & Marketing Partners - AHits.com
    The People's Hosting Company - SkyHosting.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This article by Jerry Buchs may help.
    http://www.internetmarketingfocus.co...readed&order=0

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The product by w3exit looks like a promising medium for your kind of product. I suggest you try it.

cheers to you,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TransFuture
    The product by w3exit looks like a promising medium for your kind of product. I suggest you try it.

cheers to you,

Joe
    thanks for the compliments [blush]