SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 42 of 42
  1. #26
    SitePoint Member samantha098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    There are two types of email marketing that you seem to be wrapping together -- messaging your own list of subscribers and reaching out to new people that don't know you.

    The first gets negative comments but is undeniably effective [there's a reason why just about every startup sends alerts and updates via email]. Building a list and marketing to it in a smart [read: not overdone, value based] way is very, very effective. One of the best ways to take advantage of user optins is to create a system that walks people through the lifecycle of your site either with automated messages [like what to do on week two] or adhoc updates [like the latest sale]. This is the basics of traditional CRM and insures a constant communication... throw some personal emails in to reach out to people yourself and it just gets all the better.

    The second is what most people call spam in which you're finding emails or renting lists and is illegal in some places, regulated in almost all the others and very ineffective not to mention incredibly bad for your brand. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to suggest even thinking about messaging non-optins in years.

    That said I see another issue in your post worth discussing -- focus. This whole "does it give me backlinks" obsession that's spreading around is terrible for growth. The goal of marketing is to reach people and search is one part of that, just as backlinks are one part of search. If you focus on a part of a part you're missing the real opportunity out there. And no, you will not get any backlinks with email marketing, google doesn't spider into people's inboxes.

    Thanks Ted, that gives me a better understanding on how I can manage it on my own for email marketing. If I started with out any clear track on what I should do makes me punching for the wrong spot. You are right, building a good relationship not just being informative but with a personal touch makes email marketing better. Thanks for the advice.

    Ted I got another thing to ask. If you get good responses through email marketing, resulting to growing numbers of people visiting your site subscribing, means traffic, am I right? Then it will lead to SE top rank?

  2. #27
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha098 View Post
    Ted I got another thing to ask. If you get good responses through email marketing, resulting to growing numbers of people visiting your site subscribing, means traffic, am I right? Then it will lead to SE top rank?
    Nope. Email clicks and search have no relationship to search [unless people clicking all go out and blog, share, link to you], but you'll have traffic from clearly interested customers, which is the whole point of marketing in the first place, right?
    - Ted S

  3. #28
    SitePoint Member samantha098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I see. Well that clears everything then. To get notice by the target audience and get a site marketed well, i should choose approaches that increases traffic like email marketing. When it comes to benefits, it is not different from no follow, if I'm not mistaken?

  4. #29
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samantha098 View Post
    Oh, I see. Well that clears everything then. To get notice by the target audience and get a site marketed well, i should choose approaches that increases traffic like email marketing. When it comes to benefits, it is not different from no follow, if I'm not mistaken?
    The benefit is the same as the benefit of search: getting qualified traffic... there's no SEO implications, not no follow, not follow, not anything... Your email goes from your site to your customer, there's nothing for the search engine to see or spider and that doesn't matter.

    Stop making SEO the way by which you measure your marketing and start measuring the results as people who are visiting.
    - Ted S

  5. #30
    SitePoint Member samantha098's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Ted. Seldom do I get good insights, thanks for sharing yours.

  6. #31
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello friends,

    I am planning to set up an email marketing campaign for spain, buy i am bit confused about which one email marketing should i have to follow over the internet & where i will find the complete data base of emails for targeted region. pls guys help me i am stuck in a hell

  7. #32
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E-mail marketing is a technique of marketing via E-mail. E-mail is generally consist of a text, images, links and some additional tools. It is a nice technique of marketing because it very low cost technique so any site holder can use it. In this customers are also personally informed so we can get traffic and increase sales using this this technique. It has several benefits like less cost technique, Global reach, quick response, increase sales and some more.

  8. #33
    SitePoint Member PaulPov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I wonder if you have any proven showcases of e-mail marketing campaigns that did well in 2011?

  9. #34
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumuCute View Post
    know email marketing it's not effective, if compare with facebook marketing. it's just my opinion
    Another major advantage to email marketing is it is extremely affordable. This is significant because there are many other types of marketing, including Internet marketing, which are significantly more expensive than email marketing. The costs associated with email marketing are minimal. Ideally you will already have a list of email recipients who are interested in your products and services so there is no cost associated with obtaining a list of email addresses. Additionally the cost to send out emails is minimal and can be considered part of your regular operating costs. All of these factors already make email marketing extremely cost effective.

  10. #35
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MailChimp has a free version where it's always free if your subscriber list is under 1000.

  11. #36
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one way around it. You can use valid email list to do your email marketing to get better results. You can use excel spreadsheet email lists that way you will have opt in information for your email marketing. Plus it will help you confirm that the email addresses are not harvested junk.





    Fred
    Last edited by spikeZ; Jan 28, 2012 at 10:12. Reason: remove the links

  12. #37
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    There are two types of email marketing that you seem to be wrapping together -- messaging your own list of subscribers and reaching out to new people that don't know you.

    The first gets negative comments but is undeniably effective [there's a reason why just about every startup sends alerts and updates via email]. Building a list and marketing to it in a smart [read: not overdone, value based] way is very, very effective. One of the best ways to take advantage of user optins is to create a system that walks people through the lifecycle of your site either with automated messages [like what to do on week two] or adhoc updates [like the latest sale]. This is the basics of traditional CRM and insures a constant communication... throw some personal emails in to reach out to people yourself and it just gets all the better.

    The second is what most people call spam in which you're finding emails or renting lists and is illegal in some places, regulated in almost all the others and very ineffective not to mention incredibly bad for your brand. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to suggest even thinking about messaging non-optins in years.

    That said I see another issue in your post worth discussing -- focus. This whole "does it give me backlinks" obsession that's spreading around is terrible for growth. The goal of marketing is to reach people and search is one part of that, just as backlinks are one part of search. If you focus on a part of a part you're missing the real opportunity out there. And no, you will not get any backlinks with email marketing, google doesn't spider into people's inboxes.

    wel i hv gone through yr material... bt i ma opinion...email markeitng is the best way to market yr business around the globe in a shorter span of time... research shows that email marketing gives you the highest ROI (return on investment) as compared to any other source... i have been using bulk emailing service n it gives me very positive results...

  13. #38
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by floranicolas View Post
    MailChimp has a free version where it's always free if your subscriber list is under 1000.
    but it gives your subscription of 1 month ... rather i know a company that is giving the feature on 'pay as you go' rule.... thats awsome

  14. #39
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by george.steven View Post
    wel i hv gone through yr material... bt i ma opinion...email markeitng is the best way to market yr business around the globe in a shorter span of time... research shows that email marketing gives you the highest ROI (return on investment) as compared to any other source... i have been using bulk emailing service n it gives me very positive results...
    You're mixing apples and well other kinds of apples... The research you're referring too is in regards to emailing your house list, as in people who signed up for your messages. Not surprisingly the results of that are extremely high and the cost very low and thus the highest ROI claim. But that's not what you are doing...

    Emailing out to random lists is an entirely different game with minimal response rates [hence the huge volume] and huge hits to brand value [assuming you care to be known by name in the future].

    Personally I wouldn't touch a rented list or even a dedicated email but there are middle ground opportunities that work well like an ad inside someone else's message.
    - Ted S

  15. #40
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what targeting list you have?what about success?

  16. #41
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy12 View Post
    E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its sense, every e-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered e-mail marketing.
    Hey Nancy... it seems you have been using email marketing ... can u suggest me a gud ESP for email compaigns

  17. #42
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    TechnoBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    6,151
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    nancy12 made her post over two years ago, and if you look you'll see she is no longer a member. There seems little benefit in continuing this thread after so long, so I'm closing it.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •