Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Email Marketing Service

Ok, I am looking at offering an email marketing service for my clients. I have looked into being a white label reseller from email marketing providers and to be honest the ones that offer white label reselling do not give me the flexibility that I need.

So, now it has come to a point that if I want to offer this to my clients it needs to be custom built. Ok, so programming it is easy however here is where my concerns come in:

How can 1 run an email marketing service without it getting blacklisted due to scammers and spammers? Are there any resources for running your own email marketing service business?

Please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    frankly I wouldn't bother, there are several good providers like campaign monitor and mail chimp.

What are your requirements that make these unsuitable?

Certainly charging money is a good way to keep spammers out, but I think it could be a serious problem trying to keep off the blacklists (even with honest clients) without having some kind of relationship with the big email providers.
    Studiotime - Time Management for Web Developers
    to-do's, messages, invoicing, reporting - 30 day free trial!
    Thomas Multimedia Web Development

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I am aware of this,

One of the main issues is importing the the script / service into my own business infrastructure and the lack of customization to make it my own brand for my clients is the issue. Ive only found one that fits the requirements and the pricing is not the structure I am looking for.

I am looking for tips on how to go about doing this, not why I should not do this. I am going to do this even if a few people say I should not do it.

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found a new service, hopefully the pricing is in line with requirements if so there will be no need to code my own from scratch.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think someone like Campaign Monitor would fit the bill for you - or if not it would be easier to work with them to get the features you need than starting from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by zactive View Post
    I just found a new service, hopefully the pricing is in line with requirements if so there will be no need to code my own from scratch.
    If it's a good resource...why not share it here for others who may be looking for the same?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive looked at campaign monitor however their pricing is outrageous. Ive been looking at 2 reliable providers that charge roughly $1 per 1,000 email sent with no subscriber limit. Also the lack of customization with Campaign Monitor made them another reason not to use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    know email marketing it's not effective, if compare with facebook marketing. it's just my opinion

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumuCute View Post
    know email marketing it's not effective, if compare with facebook marketing. it's just my opinion
    Another major advantage to email marketing is it is extremely affordable. This is significant because there are many other types of marketing, including Internet marketing, which are significantly more expensive than email marketing. The costs associated with email marketing are minimal. Ideally you will already have a list of email recipients who are interested in your products and services so there is no cost associated with obtaining a list of email addresses. Additionally the cost to send out emails is minimal and can be considered part of your regular operating costs. All of these factors already make email marketing extremely cost effective.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its sense, every e-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered e-mail marketing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nancy12 View Post
    E-mail marketing is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fund-raising messages to an audience. In its sense, every e-mail sent to a potential or current customer could be considered e-mail marketing.
    Hey Nancy... it seems you have been using email marketing ... can u suggest me a gud ESP for email compaigns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each time I recieve such e-mails I consider it spam and don't even read them. So is it really effective?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who uses email marketing yes it is very effective in terms of conversion costs.

Sure the conversion numbers are dramatically lower if it is done like cold calling however some emails will be opened giving your business another person becoming aware of you. For me on one of the projects the cost per customer was $19 while PPC "focused" was $27.

Also, email marketing has a very high open rate for those who have subscribed to your business "intentionally" to get news and updates if it is resourceful they will continue opening them and most likely not opt out while at the same time you can upsell in the email.

So yes, email marketing is very effective.

In regards to the response of facebook, that was not brought up into question here however yes what you have said is true.

Businesses however need to realize that in order to succeed they need to use a wide variety of tools and services. In fact depending on your audience Radio and TV advertising is the cheapest route to acquire new customers.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dotmailer is out of the question with their high fees however a service provider has been found that im working with.

Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently I have opened my business in direct mailing and in this I do custom direct mail design. I want to know what is the difference between direct mail or normal email which one is best in marketing techniques.

<snip/>
    Last edited by Mittineague; Aug 4, 2011 at 11:00. Reason: Please wait until you get your signature for your links.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using Email M which is the best email marketing service provider.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt the E-mail marketing is that fastest and the cheapest method of marketing. But there are still few people who do not work with internet. In this case direct mail marketing is the best idea for marketing. If these methods will be used together, it will be a successful method.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think using multiple ip addresses would help and making sure that you use a throttle to keep mass amounts of messages from hitting the popular online mail sites like gmail all at once will definitely help keep you out of black lists. Sounds like you are putting together a great service, wishing you the best of luck with your future endeavor.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the third party Email hosting services, I like Aweber i have personally used it.It has complete control over Email list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were You I would tell the clients they should use Twitter G+ and other social platforms. E-mail marketing doesn't appear to be efficient these days. I got much more leads from Twitter then from e-mailing given both the same effort and amount of time.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulPov View Post
    If I were You I would tell the clients they should use Twitter G+ and other social platforms. E-mail marketing doesn't appear to be efficient these days. I got much more leads from Twitter then from e-mailing given both the same effort and amount of time.
    While email marketing is not the sure fire tool it was years ago, across the board is still ranks as the top ROI of any interactive program. What experience or stats have you seen to lead you away from it?
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    While email marketing is not the sure fire tool it was years ago, across the board is still ranks as the top ROI of any interactive program. What experience or stats have you seen to lead you away from it?
    I think e-mail marketing is not really 'interacting'

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulPov View Post
    I think e-mail marketing is not really 'interacting'
    Of course, not it's a one way communication strategy but that doesn't mean it can't produce results.

Engagement is a great development in how we do business and how our customers connect with us but it doesn't make other communication obsolete... people still sign up for email lists, go to google to search, walk into stores because of a coupon.
    - Ted S

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    e-mail marketing is not as much as effective as other marketing techniques because people do not have time that they will see your mail mostly these mails go in junk. other marketing techniques like social media marketing, link building are much better.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andysmth View Post
    e-mail marketing is not as much as effective as other marketing techniques because people do not have time that they will see your mail mostly these mails go in junk. other marketing techniques like social media marketing, link building are much better.
    Andy, what sorts of results have you seen in comparing the three options you listed... Can you give more details?
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about email marketing, now information is covered. Thanks to everyone who posted. I'm planning to use this strategy but I need help in understanding it even more. It seems like email marketing is now considered as not the best choice for website promotions but I still want to try it. Is email marketing more effective than directory submission when it comes to promoting a new site? Or perhaps email marketing is only best applied if your site had already established a name? You'll get backlinks with Email marketing but tendency you may be consider as spamming. How can we make it a friendly email to get good results?