SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is a "wiki" the solution for us?

Our company has a custom CMS that we manage to run the company website. About 4-5 people manage the CMS. There are all kinds of tricks, errors and stuff that we deal with on a daily basis to run the site. We wanted to start categorizing some of this stuff and making an internal website where we can collaborate and add notes, comments, etc about the CMS.

I guess I'm looking for something like a "wiki" where we can keep track of various aspects of the CMS, write notes, hints and tips for the next person that joins our CMS team.

Does anyone have any advice on certain scripts that may be helpful for us? Mediawiki? Hopefully something free and simple. Don't need overkill for this. Thanks.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try a bunch of wikis and other CMS's at www.opensourcecms.com

Go there and find one you like.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skunker View Post
    Our company has a custom CMS that we manage to run the company website. About 4-5 people manage the CMS. There are all kinds of tricks, errors and stuff that we deal with on a daily basis to run the site. We wanted to start categorizing some of this stuff and making an internal website where we can collaborate and add notes, comments, etc about the CMS.

I guess I'm looking for something like a "wiki" where we can keep track of various aspects of the CMS, write notes, hints and tips for the next person that joins our CMS team.

Does anyone have any advice on certain scripts that may be helpful for us? Mediawiki? Hopefully something free and simple. Don't need overkill for this. Thanks.
    mediawiki has worked great for me, in terms of group collaboration. you may also want to look at basecamp, campfire, and google docs, which are all useful in terms of group documentation and group collaboration.
    IOFLOOD.com offers expertly optimized
    unmetered bandwidth Xen VPS servers.
    Packages available with SSD storage
    or per-customer dedicated hard drives.