SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review - UltraEdit

These comments are in regards to the SitePoint.com article 'Review - UltraEdit'.

Two of the features that I love in UltraEdit which weren't mentioned in the review are the built in FTP support and the search-and-replace-in-files option. The FTP support allows you to configure the FTP accounts of your sites, then chose "Open file from FTP" from the File menu to quickly open a file on your site. Whenever you hit Ctrl+S the file you are working on will be re-uploaded to the live site - awesome for making quick changes.

Find and replace in files allows you to perform a search and replace option on a number of files at once. You can do it on all open files, or all files in a directory (and it's sub directories if you need to). While this powerful feature should be used with care it is well worth the effort - just be careful to back up any directories before performing potentially dangerous replace operations on their contents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an old post, but does anyone know the correct link for the above article?

The link above doesn't exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I searched on SitePoint for "Ultra" and found nothing. Possibly they removed the review?
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, that's too bad. I use Ultra-Edit regularly and think it's great, was hoping a Sitepoint article might point out some features I was unaware of...