SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fastclick's invue and popup question

Is there a script out there that would like show 25 invue ads per ip per 12 hours (same with pop-ups) so I don't have to show my visitors like 1,000 in vue ads to earn as much as 25 would.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't the invue ads cookied, so they won't display more than once per person per 12 hour period?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Silverado4x4
    Aren't the invue ads cookied, so they won't display more than once per person per 12 hour period?
    yeah, same with the popunders too.
    Companyreviews.net - Webmaster Reviews And Resources
    Companyreviews.net Webmaster Forum - Come Chat
    2FunnyPictures.com - Huge Humor Archive
    A4B.cc - Free Redirection Service With NO ADS!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok, the reason i haven't put them on the site yet was because i thought they keep showing up but only give you 1 credit per ip per 12 hours. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The invue ads might be a tad intrusive no?

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MadCool
    The invue ads might be a tad intrusive no?

Yeah, but they are incredible cash cows. $1.95 CPM, according to the email FastClick sent me.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes they are nearly $2. i took mine off, they are ugly and annoying, i like their popunders, really discreet. but i dont use any ads from them now, i might add some later.
    Companyreviews.net - Webmaster Reviews And Resources
    Companyreviews.net Webmaster Forum - Come Chat
    2FunnyPictures.com - Huge Humor Archive
    A4B.cc - Free Redirection Service With NO ADS!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $1.95 CPM isn't really that much since only one ad is shown per visitor. It's only 2 cents for every 100 unique visitors, or $2 RPMU (Revenue per 1000 uniques). But that's assuming that they count each unique as a revenue opportunity, which is not the case.

FC only shows about popunders to about 50% of my traffic, and it was showing Invue ads less than popunders. Based on these numbers, if you're reaching 5,000 uniques per day, you'll probably get less than 2,000 invue ads (it depends on where your traffic is coming from, and whether they have ad-busting turned on). That's maybe only about $60/month extra.

Since this ad is very intrusive (you actually have to take an action to close the ad), caused problems with my visitors(I was receiving several e-mails a day about it), and possibly buggy (several e-mails stated that they could not close the Invue ad), it wasn't worth $60 to me. I felt as though I was driving away repeat visitors, and repeat visitors are worth more than $0.002 each.

Maybe if the rates get to $5 gross CPM, but its still too low at $3, and I think that market forces have shown that $2 was way too low -- probably a lot of advertisers requesting them, and a lot of publishers not running them.

Ralph

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have inVue ads per sessions as well which is more frequent but I prefer 12 hour so my visitors don't get non stop advertisement.

I get around 450,000 hits on one of my websites. Around 100,000 uniques per month (yes i know, i'm working on a way to keep them coming back). This is around $350 with invue and popups if you count uniques only but returning would generate even more. Asides from this there is also a 486x60 banner and a few smaller ones which seem to generate revenue quite well.