SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On site exit popup

I have been looking everywhere for an on exit script popup. We have found loads for on page exit but none for on site exit.

Can anyone direct me to the code for this as we need to have a window popup when visitors leave one of our sites.

Thanks in advance.
    www.123domainname.co.uk
    Click here to chat with one of our customer service representatives
    UK domain name registrations with free email accounts and domain forwarding

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nowsell.com/pop-ups/exit-popup-scripts.html
    or type pop up on exit into google loads of sites with scripts.

SitePoint Evangelist Brandon Luhring's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you've already implemented it, but I'd suggest not using that pop-up.

You'll find that users seriously get pissed-off when they are ready to leave a site, but it refuses to go away.

Using pop-ups when a user clicks a link can be tolerable, because they comprehend why it's popping-up. Pop-ups on start and exit, just make them angry.

I've stopped using two of my favorite start-pages because they implemented pop-up adverts...

SitePoint Zealot DigitalCreation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with brandon,

If I want the link to open in another window, I'll right click and choose so, if I want to see one last page, I'll go to that page before I leave. Keeping loyalty with your audience is easier to do when they have control IMO,

Just my two cents...
    D.C.

ps, if it is considered "needed" then I would suggest keeping it simple so that it isn't considered a pain for the experience.

D.C.

I am obstructing justice. bronze trophy fatnewt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Sites that bother me don't get my traffic again. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the others....

You wont find many fans of the "exit pop-up". I have to tell you i think thats why many web searchers end up being put in mental assylums...it can all be blamed on exit pop-ups...

Another reason why i HATE those things!

How many times have you been sitting there at work and type in some address like StayAtHomeMoms.com (or something else that is not obscene) and some XXX site has bought the domain name and turned it into some garbage site and its totally not what youre expecting- so you're clicking the X trying to get it off the screen before someone comes in and thinks youre a pervert- and getting paid for it with company money to say the least. Where was i? Oh yeah....so youre trying to close the window and all these other XXX pop-ups start invading your screen. Totally embarassing.

They're the one and only thing i can think of that is more annoying than disabling right click.

But it is your site to do with what you'd like. But from a visitors point of view, we hate them immensely.

Shara