SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big trouble increasing traffic to my blog, I have been signed up with google search, i have my blog site as my signature in the forums/blogs I post to, but after two and a half years I still only get a handful of hits a day.

Of course Im trying to make it more interesting, but apart from my own writing how the ehck can ya increase traffic.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brettdale View Post
    Big trouble increasing traffic to my blog, I have been signed up with google search, i have my blog site as my signature in the forums/blogs I post to, but after two and a half years I still only get a handful of hits a day.

Of course Im trying to make it more interesting, but apart from my own writing how the ehck can ya increase traffic.
    I quickly looked at your blog and see that your focus is media, sport (singular vs. sports?), and politics. On a general note, these topics are really broad, especially media which it looks like covers TV, music, etc. If you can make the blog and those categories more specific, it would help.

From looking at the home page alone and the November archive, even if you stick with these three categories, it doesn't look like those three topics or related keywords are consistently highlighted in post headers, or in the archive or search categories. You have posts archived on the right sidebar by month, how about adding an archive or menu by category and tagging each post with all relevant keywords? You could insert consistent keywords into the headers and the body of the posts as well. For example, for media, why don't you create sub-categories for music, tv, etc. then for a post on music, be sure to include 'music' in the header and within the post.

I use Wordpress, but does Blogger have a good SEO package you can download to assist when you create each post? If you keep adding content but don't have a consistent approach to categories and keywords in the header and body and tags, it will be hard for the search engines to find you.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good advice indeed. Thanks for the help.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My traffic is mainly from Youtube and other video sites. Its great way to drive traffic for your blog.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I have added my blog on some add blog site and now my blog get a few traffic from these blog sites too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most traffic comes from google that's why I suggest that when you promote your site, make use of keywords within your niche to attract your target visitors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good advice again.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, the traffic for website usually depends on the niche we choose, so as if we are doing a proper market research before choosing our niche, we can predict the traffic that will be generated. I also think on if we choose a very unique niche, we may get very less traffic but that traffic can get utilized if we are the only provider for that specific product. The big amount of traffic is not important but only important is the traffic that is utilized.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I getting approximately 40 views a day, with about 35 unique visitors. Blogs have a limited shelf life the internet has tons of blogs. Keeping traffic up is a constant battle.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think there is a difference between SE and Social traffic. Social traffic tends to be more “flighty” eg SU traffic seems to be generally channel-hoppers. Whereas SE traffic is generally looking for something and so a lot easier to convert.
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Dec 29, 2010 at 06:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    65 visits per day is not bad. I actually started my blogs with 3,000 visits per month as my goal but I wasn't even close now. However, what I learned though is that, your site's content should be very convincing so that even if you don't get a really high number of visits, at least you get the conversion you need. And to me, that is more important than getting a lot of visits but not a single one of those turn into client.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly from Organic google search, rest from reddit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of my visitors are from google and bookmarking sites. Writing excellent content can bring a lot of traffic to your blog.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most of the traffic comes from google and some from direct hit and some from referral sites i think blog can bring up a good traffic

SitePoint Enthusiast pickledshark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I most likely get traffic from google search.
    Fresh Store Builder
    Create Amazon Stores & earn $$$$ daily as an Amazon Associate

Only $97

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If our website targeted keywords get in good position in google search engine, we can generate more no visitors from google. search engine organic visitors only make business for our website.. and also social networking site we have to generate more no of visitors..

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initially bloog was getting something like 80 page views, but it turned out most of it were from search engine robots