SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation NEWBIE is back!!

First of all, thanks to all the board members in my previous problems. I am not able to search through subdatasheets by combining two tables together. Currently, I have no problem searching/ displaying information from either my 'master' or subdatasheet tables.

Special thanks to: Goof and Rudy (r397??)

I have a new minor error that I cant seem to figure out! (I know, more and more problems come about!)

My search allows the user to search by: Organization, Programs or subject names. The problem comes about when I try to display information about the Organizations.

Just to give you a little run down on my database structure, all the organizations are listed in the 'master table' (tblDirectoryDatabase). All the special progams/ departments are stored in the subdatasheet (tblPrograms).

When I call to list the programs or departments, all the information is displayed perfectly. There is a column in both tables named "Description". In ACCESS, the field is called Description with memo data type. All the information from this column displays correctly with the 'tblPrograms' but not the 'tblDirectoryDatabase'.

I did additional research before coming back to the forums. At first, I thought the memo data type had a limit on how long the comments can be. Unfortunately, when I compared the descriptions from both tables, they are pretty much the same. But, I dont know why the DESCRIPTION from the tblDirectoryDatabase keeps getting cut off in the middle.
    NOTE: I HAVE MADE COMPARISONS TO BOTH TABLES AND SEE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE SETTINGS!

Next, I moved onto my coding. Although I probably have tons of bad habits and poor coding practices in my code, they are pretty much the same.
    Ex. If they search for the organization, it will display the information in a structured manner.
    Unfortunately, this structured of displaying the information is exactly the same I use with the Program listings.

So far:
    1. Made sure I didnt reach some sort of limit in terms of word count.
    2. Make sure both settings of the tables are the same.
    3. Made sure my coding is practially identical (except for different variable names).

Can anyone give me a hand on this one? I am like this close to finishing this project!

Feel free to suggest or comment on possible procedures I should perform to make sure this thing displays right!

Sincerely,

Spaz
    Just a little boy trying to make his way into the world...
    ~~~Spaz Boy
    Programmer + Gamer = ProGamer

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS: If any of you need more information regarding my code or whatever it takes to fix my problem, please post a reply.

I really really want to fix this minor problem so I can get on with this project!

(Technically, I want to drop ASP and ACCESS altogether and move on to something else.)

Thanks in advance!

Spaz
    ~~~Spaz Boy

\m/ R.I.P. Dimebag! \m/ JimBolla's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See my response to your other thread in the ASP forum.
    -- JIM BOLLA
    Wanna play Halo 2? My XBOX Live gamertag: crowdozer

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case you didnt see the other post Crowdozer, I have done everything you asked me to do. The problem is still persistent.

I made sure my connection to the database is correct (with the help of The Goof) and all the necessary files are in the correct directory.

I am not sure why it doesnt display the full records under the "Description" column. Now that I think about it, it could be something really small and stupid I missed! This is completely driving me nuts!!

Either than downloading the MDAC drivers you asked about, do I need to do anything else in Access?

Note: the MDAC drivers are: 2.62.7400.1 version

Spaz
    ~~~Spaz Boy

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess no one knows why my data is not being fully displayed....

I am pretty sure it isnt the code since its the same code for accessing both tables.

I still have a hunch it has something to do with the table settings or something. So far, I have looked over both tables in design view, they are like exactly the same.

A board member suggeted it might be a MDAC problem.

So I downloaded the newest MDAC 2.6 and installed it. I even dl the component checker to scope out my system.
    I had one warning:

MSADCO.DLL Item type: COM
    ErrorString: Unknown Class Id= {CRAZY A$$ number, looks like a registry key or memory address to me)

It didnt suggest any solutions tho...

ANyone have any ideas??

Sincerely,

Spaz
    ~~~Spaz Boy

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'll get a much better response if you pick one forum to continue this thread in. Since the other one is getting more response, I suggest that one...
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit, I got equal help from both forums. I know I shouldnt spam, but in the beginning I technically had a database problem and an ASP problem. That was the reason why I seperated both posts.

The other reason why I didnt wnat to end this one is because of a comment I read somewhere. Someone said (no names here) it would be nice to post the solution to the problems afterward. Instead of posting a problem, solve it and never come back. I totally agree with the statement because there might be Newbies like me who end up with the same problem.

Spaz
    ~~~Spaz Boy